Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Questions...

  • Mechelle Wallace
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2008
      I know that I have felt a spiritual bonding with my family that lived so long ago..this has made them real to me.
      What got me started was a trip to Missouri, to see the place that my Grandmother grew up in.  To see what she saw, and walk on the farm her "Daddy" worked, brought an unexplainable closeness.

      They aren't just names anymore, they are my family.

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2008
        Sherrie -

        I have known people who fall on either side of this "issue" -
        whether to show Charles or Clyde as the father of Clyde Roland.
        I suppose that it would be personal preference.
        My own opinion is to go with genetics - ie., list Charles as
        the father, with notes to indicate that Clyde Roland was adopted
        and raised by Clyde & Mable.
        Certainly do NOT skip it - it is/was an important part of the life
        of Clyde Roland! And probably some *other* parts of his life
        wouldn't make sense if that part were left out!

        > How do I find out about adoptions?

        Sorry - can't help - I know very little about them.

        I don't know what info you already have, so here's some -

        1930 Emmett, Calhoun, MI
        Rose, Clyde S/47:MI:MI:IN, Mable/43:MI:MI:MI, Clyde R/9:MI:MI:MI

        Michigan Deaths, 1971-1996
        Name: Clyde R Rose
        Birth Date: 23 Apr 1921
        Death Date: 6 Aug 1985
        Gender: Male
        Residence: Hope, Barry, Michigan
        Place of Death: Hope, Barry, Michigan

        Name: Clyde Sylvester Rose
        Address 5 Battle Creek Cal (Calhoun) Mich
        Birth Date: 14 Mar 1883
        Nearest Relative: Mabel Rose (same address)
        Physically disqualified: middle finger right hand
        Roll: 1675130

        I'm not sure if this is the same couple or not -
        1920 Emmet, Calhoun, Michigan (indexed as ROSS)
        Rose, Clyde/36:MI:IN:IN/SheetMetalWorker, Maud/33:MI:MI:MI

        1910 Bath, Clinton, MI
        (in the house of Emmet & Dalia Clise)
        Rose, Clyde/27:MI:MI:NY/HiredMan, Mable/23:MI:MI:MI married.1 2 yrs

        1900 Elba, Gratiot, Michigan
        Rose, Charles, head 47 married 24 yrs born May 1853 MI:NY:MI
        (), Emma, wife 42 married 24 yrs born Dec 1857 IN:NY:NY
        - 7 children 6 living
        (), Clyde, son 17 born Mar 1883 MI:MI:IN
        (), Clayton, son 9 born Nov 1890 MI:MI:IN
        (), Charles, son 6 born Nov 1893 MI:MI:IN
        (), Cleophas, son 11m born June 1899 MI:MI:IN
        NOTE: household of Jacob/51 & Loretta Rose on the same censuspage.

        I'm not sure if this is the same couple, but it looks good -
        1880 Shiawasse, Shiawassee, MI
        Cook, Esckid?/40:MI:RI:NY, Anna/37, Charles B/14, Clayton/9
        Cook, Esckid?/81:RI:RI:RI/father/widower
        Rose, Chas/28:MI:MI:MI/son-in-law, Emma/23:IN:IN:IN, Bertie/1
        NOTE: "Esckid?" looks more like "Esckiel?"; indexed as ESCKID

        - Tom Knox IBSSG

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Sherrie" <sla2828@...>