Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Questions...

  • mg
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2008
      I am absolutely not an expert, but I think you should document what you know about his birth and adoption in some notes or comment section at least.  Many programs have places where you can note things like this and also where you can write little biographies.  Then someone else might read it if you post it on the internet and add more information. Good luck.  mg

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2008
        I know that I have felt a spiritual bonding with my family that lived so long ago..this has made them real to me.
        What got me started was a trip to Missouri, to see the place that my Grandmother grew up in.  To see what she saw, and walk on the farm her "Daddy" worked, brought an unexplainable closeness.

        They aren't just names anymore, they are my family.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 12, 2008
          Sherrie -

          I have known people who fall on either side of this "issue" -
          whether to show Charles or Clyde as the father of Clyde Roland.
          I suppose that it would be personal preference.
          My own opinion is to go with genetics - ie., list Charles as
          the father, with notes to indicate that Clyde Roland was adopted
          and raised by Clyde & Mable.
          Certainly do NOT skip it - it is/was an important part of the life
          of Clyde Roland! And probably some *other* parts of his life
          wouldn't make sense if that part were left out!

          > How do I find out about adoptions?

          Sorry - can't help - I know very little about them.

          I don't know what info you already have, so here's some -

          1930 Emmett, Calhoun, MI
          Rose, Clyde S/47:MI:MI:IN, Mable/43:MI:MI:MI, Clyde R/9:MI:MI:MI

          Michigan Deaths, 1971-1996
          Name: Clyde R Rose
          Birth Date: 23 Apr 1921
          Death Date: 6 Aug 1985
          Gender: Male
          Residence: Hope, Barry, Michigan
          Place of Death: Hope, Barry, Michigan

          Name: Clyde Sylvester Rose
          Address 5 Battle Creek Cal (Calhoun) Mich
          Birth Date: 14 Mar 1883
          Nearest Relative: Mabel Rose (same address)
          Physically disqualified: middle finger right hand
          Roll: 1675130

          I'm not sure if this is the same couple or not -
          1920 Emmet, Calhoun, Michigan (indexed as ROSS)
          Rose, Clyde/36:MI:IN:IN/SheetMetalWorker, Maud/33:MI:MI:MI

          1910 Bath, Clinton, MI
          (in the house of Emmet & Dalia Clise)
          Rose, Clyde/27:MI:MI:NY/HiredMan, Mable/23:MI:MI:MI married.1 2 yrs

          1900 Elba, Gratiot, Michigan
          Rose, Charles, head 47 married 24 yrs born May 1853 MI:NY:MI
          (), Emma, wife 42 married 24 yrs born Dec 1857 IN:NY:NY
          - 7 children 6 living
          (), Clyde, son 17 born Mar 1883 MI:MI:IN
          (), Clayton, son 9 born Nov 1890 MI:MI:IN
          (), Charles, son 6 born Nov 1893 MI:MI:IN
          (), Cleophas, son 11m born June 1899 MI:MI:IN
          NOTE: household of Jacob/51 & Loretta Rose on the same censuspage.

          I'm not sure if this is the same couple, but it looks good -
          1880 Shiawasse, Shiawassee, MI
          Cook, Esckid?/40:MI:RI:NY, Anna/37, Charles B/14, Clayton/9
          Cook, Esckid?/81:RI:RI:RI/father/widower
          Rose, Chas/28:MI:MI:MI/son-in-law, Emma/23:IN:IN:IN, Bertie/1
          NOTE: "Esckid?" looks more like "Esckiel?"; indexed as ESCKID

          - Tom Knox IBSSG

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Sherrie" <sla2828@...>