I am stuck can anyone help ~ Please~

  • Sherrie
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2008
      You are so good at this. I don't know what is important or not so I
      will just spill what I do have. I dont want to be a bother but this
      is getting so frusterating. Thanks in advance for anything you can
      help with.

      I KNOW that Lawrence Hurt married Nina On December 25th 1922. I
      know that Nina was born in 1900. I know that Nina died in late
      1986. I know that Nina had sisters Ella, Ethel and a brother John.
      There was another sister but she was the "black sheep" and Nina would
      never talk about her except to refer to her as the wild one so we
      don't know a name. I know that Nina and Lawrence produced three
      children Eleanore Jane, George and Bud. I don't think "Bud" was a
      given name, I think that was/is a nickname. George might even be a
      middle name as it seems a lot of the family went by their middle
      names. Elenore went by Jane. Not sure if any of the extra info
      helps or not.

      Ok, I found on Family Search that:
      Lawrence J. Hurt born on May 28th 1899 in Grand Rapids Michigan to
      Stephen Hurt (from Germany) & Frances "Schneider" Hurt (from
      Germany) Married Nina P. Russell December 25th 1922 in Grand Rapids,
      MI. It is listed that the mother of the bride is "Alma Page" and
      father of bride is "John Russell"
      A search of Michigan Marriages gives me:
      John J. Russel (age 24) Married Alma A. Page (age 19) 2/28/1891.
      That they resided in sugar island were both born in Canada. John J.
      Russel's father is Jacob Russel and the mother listed is Mary
      Anyaug. Alma A. Page's father is listed at John S. Page.
      This is as far as I can get. I can't find anything else about the
      mother of Alma Page at all. In all documents I can find a mother
      is just left out. I am trying to find Alma's information and also
      Alma's mothers info.

      Oh and I did find one Alma page (on ancestry.com) with household
      members being John J Russell, Alma Russell with a Melvin, clara,
      Barbara Dana and Nina P. Russell. I find it kind of odd that there
      is another John Russell married to an Alma Russell with a daughter
      Nina P. Russell but I know for a fact that the other people listed in
      that census report are not Nina's sisters or brothers???

      Any help would be great.
      Thanks, Sherrie
    • Kate
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2008
        1910 United States Federal Census

        Name:
        Nina Russel

        Age in 1910:
        10

        Estimated Birth Year:
        abt 1900

        Birthplace:
        Michigan

        Relation to Head of House:
        Daughter

        Father's Name:
        John J

        Father's Birth Place:
        Canada English

        Mother's Name:
        Viola Alma

        Mother's Birth Place:
        Canada English

        Home in 1910:
        Traverse Ward 2, Grand Traverse, Michigan

        Marital Status:
        Single

        Race:
        White

        Gender:
        Female

        Neighbors:
        View others on page

        Household Members:

        Name
        Age

        John J Russel
        44

        Viola Alma Russel
        38

        Malvin Russel
        17

        Ethel Russel
        16

        Ella Russel
        13

        Denia Russel
        12

        Nina Russel
        10

        Elizabeth Russel
        6

        Leo John Russel
        3

        Source Citation: Year: 1910; Census Place: Traverse Ward 2, Grand Traverse, Michigan; Roll: T624_648; Page: 9B; Enumeration District: 53; Image: 387.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 11, 2008
          Found them in 1930, Nina is listed as 'Mina'

          1930 United States Federal Census

          Name:
          Lawrance J Hurt

          Home in 1930:
          Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo, Michigan

          Age:
          AgeWith12ths('30',false);30

          Estimated Birth Year:
          abt 1900

          Birthplace:
          Michigan

          Relation to Head of House:
          Head

          Spouse's Name:
          Mina P

          Race:
          White

          Occupation:

          Education:

          Military service:

          Rent/home value:

          Age at first marriage:

          Parents' birthplace:
          View Image

          Neighbors:
          View others on page

          Household Members:

          Name
          Age

          Lawrance J Hurt
          30

          Mina P Hurt
          30

          Eleanor J Hurt
          6 3/12

          Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo, Michigan; Roll: 997; Page: 14B; Enumeration District: 13; Image: 536.0.
          Kate