rootsweb.com

  • chey1958_ca
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2008
      Hello.. Can someone tell me what happened to Rootsweb.com? I haven't
      been on the net for quite sometime due to personal situations. Today I
      had some free time and decided to do a little research. Went to
      Rootsweb.com where I have been many times before.. typed in the family
      surname along with information I know was there sometime back and
      Nothing.. absolutely nothing there what so ever now. What happened?
      where did everything disappear to?

      Appreciate any help/information.. Sharon
    • shaylalasmom@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2008
        i looked up rootsweb and go to the site but here is the exact email if you want to try this just to get there.
        http://www.rootsweb.com

        I hope this helps

        Tricia

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2008
          A while back, Ancestry.com changed the location of its free Rootsweb site.
          It can now be found at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/

          Kathy
          Genealogists never die, they just lose their census.
          visit my family history website: http://dutraporter.tribalpages.com/

        • paul
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7, 2008
            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, chey1958_ca
            <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > Hello.. Can someone tell me what happened to Rootsweb.com? I haven't
            > been on the net for quite sometime due to personal situations. Today
            > had some free time and decided to do a little research. Went to
            > Rootsweb.com where I have been many times before.. typed in the
            family
            > surname along with information I know was there sometime back and
            > Nothing.. absolutely nothing there what so ever now. What happened?
            > where did everything disappear to?
            >
            > Appreciate any help/information.. Sharon

            HI sharon I was on this morning and I was on last night didnt see or
            had any problems getting to there website.
            paul
          • Mechelle Wallace
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 7, 2008
              I may be wrong, but I thought that World Connect had an even bigger database than Rootsweb.  There is a link for it on the Rootsweb site.

              Hope this helps...
              Mechelle