Re: McDuff Clan / Robert the Bruce

  • Tom Knox
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2008
      Shirley -

      I am in a kilted guard - and there are several of us
      in the unit who can trace a connection to Robert the Bruce,
      even though we are of different clans.
      So - the connection is not limited to McDuff Clan.
      (Off the top of my head, I don't remember my own connection.)

      For a quick look at the internet, I would use Google with a query
      GENEALOGY "ROBERT THE BRUCE"
      http://www.google.com/search?q=GENEALOGY+%22ROBERT+THE+BRUCE%22
      and of immediate interest on Wikipedia:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_the_Bruce
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genealogy_of_the_British_Royal_Family

      - Tom Knox IBSSG

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Shirley Patrick
      <patricktree68@...> wrote:

      > I have a student who is interested on general information on the
      McDuff Clan of Scotland.  Granddaddy told him he was related to
      Robert the Bruce.  At this point he does not have a name.  He wants
      to use the information for a report on the middle ages 1100-1400.

      > thanks
      > Shirley Patrick
    • Shirley Patrick
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
        Thanks,  You do realize that Wikipedia is not a reliable source?

        Wikipedia can be changed by any one.

        <patricktree68@ ...> wrote:

        > I have a student who is interested on general information on the
        McDuff Clan of Scotland.  Granddaddy told him he was related to
        Robert the Bruce.  At this point he does not have a name.  He wants
        to use the information for a report on the middle ages 1100-1400.

        > thanks
        > Shirley Patrick

      • Tom Knox
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
          LOL! Agreed - Wikipedia is not a good primary source - however, as a
          starting point, it is at least as good as the user-submitted family
          genealogies & groupsheets at http://www.FamilySearch.org !!
          (For a quick "look-see", I think it's pretty good.)

          <patricktree68@...> wrote:

          > Thanks,  You do realize that Wikipedia is not a reliable source?
          >
          > Wikipedia can be changed by any one.

          Bruce