McDuff Clan

  • Shirley Patrick
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2008
      I have a student who is interested on general information on the McDuff Clan of Scotland.  Granddaddy told him he was related to Robert the Bruce.  At this point he does not have a name.  He wants to use the information for a report on the middle ages 1100-1400.

      thanks

      Shirley Patrick

    • Tom Knox
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2008
        Shirley -

        I am in a kilted guard - and there are several of us
        in the unit who can trace a connection to Robert the Bruce,
        even though we are of different clans.
        So - the connection is not limited to McDuff Clan.
        (Off the top of my head, I don't remember my own connection.)

        For a quick look at the internet, I would use Google with a query
        GENEALOGY "ROBERT THE BRUCE"
        http://www.google.com/search?q=GENEALOGY+%22ROBERT+THE+BRUCE%22
        and of immediate interest on Wikipedia:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_the_Bruce
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genealogy_of_the_British_Royal_Family

        - Tom Knox IBSSG

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Shirley Patrick
        <patricktree68@...> wrote:

        > I have a student who is interested on general information on the
        McDuff Clan of Scotland.  Granddaddy told him he was related to
        Robert the Bruce.  At this point he does not have a name.  He wants
        to use the information for a report on the middle ages 1100-1400.

        > thanks
        > Shirley Patrick
      • Shirley Patrick
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
          Thanks,  You do realize that Wikipedia is not a reliable source?

          Wikipedia can be changed by any one.

          <patricktree68@ ...> wrote:

          > I have a student who is interested on general information on the
          McDuff Clan of Scotland.  Granddaddy told him he was related to
          Robert the Bruce.  At this point he does not have a name.  He wants
          to use the information for a report on the middle ages 1100-1400.

          > thanks
          > Shirley Patrick

        • Tom Knox
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
            LOL! Agreed - Wikipedia is not a good primary source - however, as a
            starting point, it is at least as good as the user-submitted family
            genealogies & groupsheets at http://www.FamilySearch.org !!
            (For a quick "look-see", I think it's pretty good.)

            <patricktree68@...> wrote:

            > Thanks,  You do realize that Wikipedia is not a reliable source?
            >
            > Wikipedia can be changed by any one.

            Bruce