For Natalie: William & Chris

  • Ewan Steed
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2008
      Hi

      Highlands & Lowlands - well that is a good "starter for 10" and one that
      could see me lynched<G>.

      I think it easier to say Lowlands first then everything else is Highlands &
      Islands. Ayrshire; Dumfries & Galloway; Wigtown; Roxburgh & Berwickshire
      & the Scottish Borders area ; Edinburgh & Glasgow; Dunbartonshire (the top
      part is considered Highlands i.e. around Helensburgh north towards Loch
      Lomond).

      To make it easier a line south from Glasgow to Edinburgh is roughly Lowland
      Scotland - hope that helps.

      A good kilt shop is base don Princes Street in Edinburgh (That's the name I
      think). Fraser has 2 Mottos - the Lovat branch is "All my hope is in
      God" and the other is "Je suis prest" ( I am ready).

      Hope I've answered the questions asked - if not please e-mail again.

      Cheers

      Ewan

      Individual Personalised Tours and all aspects of Family History and
      Genealogical Research -

      please contact: ROOTS Consulting Services (Scotland)

      www.ancestryroots.co.uk or if you wish to visit

      Ayrshire On-Line a great source for Ayrshire Libraries: FHS: etc.

      www.ancestryroots.co.uk/ayrshire-onlineindex.htm