Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: Fraser Tartans

Expand Messages
  • Chris sparks
    http://www.houseoftartan.co.uk/scottish/dir2.asp?secid=77&subsecid=150 ... From: Mary Lou Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 18 12:56 PM
      http://www.houseoftartan.co.uk/scottish/dir2.asp?secid=77&subsecid=150



      --- On Tue, 11/18/08, Mary Lou <babylou52@...> wrote:

      From: Mary Lou <babylou52@...>
      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone have contacts in Scotland
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 1:12 PM






      you can find alot of info by entering information in like www.google.com search engine and sort through all the urls given..
      good luck!
      Mary Lou

      --- On Tue, 11/18/08, William Fraser <b.fraser49@yahoo. com> wrote:

      From: William Fraser <b.fraser49@yahoo. com>
      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone have contacts in Scotland
      To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 5:28 AM

      I am a Fraser and would be interested in finding out about this too.  I have seen a picture of the Fraser tartan, but would be interested in finding out how to obtain items like kilts,etc.
       

      --- On Tue, 11/18/08, Mary Lou <babylou52@yahoo. com> wrote:

      From: Mary Lou <babylou52@yahoo. com>
      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone have contacts in Scotland
      To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 12:24 AM

      There are Scottish Highland Games they have a website you can join and participate.
      My husband, more than half Norweigian, doing genealogy, found that he is related to the McLaine family....Sean Connery's mother was a McLaine (hope I spelled it right)..making my hubby and Sean very distant cousins....( that still counts, right? LOL)
      Good luck
      Try to google a local chapter of Scottish Highland Games...
      Mary Lou

      --- On Mon, 11/17/08, Mechelle Wallace <mechelle.wallace@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      From: Mechelle Wallace <mechelle.wallace@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone have contacts in Scotland
      To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, November 17, 2008, 1:48 PM

      I belong to a research "family" Clan Cunningham.. .some of the members participate in the Scottish festivals, kilts and all. I'll check and see if there is someone that is knowledgeable about these things and forward your request.
       
      Mechelle

      --- On Mon, 11/17/08, chickweed5 <chickweed5@ yahoo. com> wrote:

      From: chickweed5 <chickweed5@ yahoo. com>
      Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone have contacts in Scotland
      To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, November 17, 2008, 7:50 AM

      Hi. I am looking for a good contact in Scotland to help with some
      questions on tartans and clans. Do any of you have one or know someone
      or even have a good website address? My ancestors came from
      Campbelltown (one branch) and Dalbeatie (another branch). We
      had "kirkin of the tartans" yesterday in church, and next year I want
      to be able to go up with mine family tartan! Natalie G

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


















      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Art
      Try John Robertson at John@shetlandroots.org -- he may be able to point you in the right direction Art Pratt ... someone
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 18 3:21 PM
        Try John Robertson at John@... -- he may be able to point
        you in the right direction

        Art Pratt



        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "chickweed5"
        <chickweed5@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hi. I am looking for a good contact in Scotland to help with some
        > questions on tartans and clans. Do any of you have one or know
        someone
        > or even have a good website address? My ancestors came from
        > Campbelltown (one branch) and Dalbeatie (another branch). We
        > had "kirkin of the tartans" yesterday in church, and next year I want
        > to be able to go up with mine family tartan! Natalie G
        >
      • William Fraser
        This is an interesting site.  Thank you very much for sending it to me!  I find it very interesting that the actual old Fraser clan pin that I have has a
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 19 5:22 AM
          This is an interesting site.  Thank you very much for sending it to me!  I find it very interesting that the actual old Fraser clan pin that I have has a different motto....Je suis prest....inscribed.  I have been told that it's old and means "I am ready".  I wonder how my Fraser crest pin has a different motto than the one on this site?  I have other items with the Je Suis Prest motto as well. 
          I will definitely look into this site and, again, thank you very much!!
           
          Birt Fraser

          --- On Tue, 11/18/08, Chris sparks <cynthia_sparks2002@...> wrote:

          From: Chris sparks <cynthia_sparks2002@...>
          Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Fraser Tartans
          To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 8:56 PM






          http://www.houseoft artan.co. uk/scottish/ dir2.asp? secid=77& subsecid= 150

          --- On Tue, 11/18/08, Mary Lou <babylou52@yahoo. com> wrote:

          From: Mary Lou <babylou52@yahoo. com>
          Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone have contacts in Scotland
          To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com
          Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 1:12 PM

          you can find alot of info by entering information in like www.google.com search engine and sort through all the urls given..
          good luck!
          Mary Lou

          --- On Tue, 11/18/08, William Fraser <b.fraser49@ yahoo. com> wrote:

          From: William Fraser <b.fraser49@ yahoo. com>
          Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone have contacts in Scotland
          To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com
          Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 5:28 AM

          I am a Fraser and would be interested in finding out about this too.  I have seen a picture of the Fraser tartan, but would be interested in finding out how to obtain items like kilts,etc.
           

          --- On Tue, 11/18/08, Mary Lou <babylou52@yahoo. com> wrote:

          From: Mary Lou <babylou52@yahoo. com>
          Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone have contacts in Scotland
          To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com
          Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 12:24 AM

          There are Scottish Highland Games they have a website you can join and participate.
          My husband, more than half Norweigian, doing genealogy, found that he is related to the McLaine family....Sean Connery's mother was a McLaine (hope I spelled it right)..making my hubby and Sean very distant cousins....( that still counts, right? LOL)
          Good luck
          Try to google a local chapter of Scottish Highland Games...
          Mary Lou

          --- On Mon, 11/17/08, Mechelle Wallace <mechelle.wallace@ yahoo.com> wrote:

          From: Mechelle Wallace <mechelle.wallace@ yahoo.com>
          Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone have contacts in Scotland
          To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com
          Date: Monday, November 17, 2008, 1:48 PM

          I belong to a research "family" Clan Cunningham.. .some of the members participate in the Scottish festivals, kilts and all. I'll check and see if there is someone that is knowledgeable about these things and forward your request.
           
          Mechelle

          --- On Mon, 11/17/08, chickweed5 <chickweed5@ yahoo. com> wrote:

          From: chickweed5 <chickweed5@ yahoo. com>
          Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone have contacts in Scotland
          To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com
          Date: Monday, November 17, 2008, 7:50 AM

          Hi. I am looking for a good contact in Scotland to help with some
          questions on tartans and clans. Do any of you have one or know someone
          or even have a good website address? My ancestors came from
          Campbelltown (one branch) and Dalbeatie (another branch). We
          had "kirkin of the tartans" yesterday in church, and next year I want
          to be able to go up with mine family tartan! Natalie G

          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


















          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • sue baker
          Mary Lou, My mother is a McLean. Her family comes from the Durat Castle McLeans. Is this your husbands family??? Sue
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 20 9:37 PM
            Mary Lou,
            My mother is a McLean. Her family comes from the Durat Castle McLeans.
            Is this your husbands family???
            Sue


            --- On Tue, 11/18/08, Mary Lou <babylou52@...> wrote:

            > From: Mary Lou <babylou52@...>
            > Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone have contacts in Scotland
            > To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
            > Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 10:12 AM
            > you can find alot of info by entering information in like
            > www.google.com search engine and sort through all the urls
            > given..
            > good luck!
            > Mary Lou
            >
            > --- On Tue, 11/18/08, William Fraser
            > <b.fraser49@...> wrote:
            >
            > From: William Fraser <b.fraser49@...>
            > Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone have contacts
            > in Scotland
            > To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
            > Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 5:28 AM
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > I am a Fraser and would be interested in finding out about
            > this too.  I have seen a picture of the Fraser tartan, but
            > would be interested in finding out how to obtain items like
            > kilts,etc.
            >  
            >
            > --- On Tue, 11/18/08, Mary Lou <babylou52@yahoo. com>
            > wrote:
            >
            > From: Mary Lou <babylou52@yahoo. com>
            > Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone have contacts
            > in Scotland
            > To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com
            > Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2008, 12:24 AM
            >
            > There are Scottish Highland Games they have a website you
            > can join and participate.
            > My husband, more than half Norweigian, doing genealogy,
            > found that he is related to the McLaine family....Sean
            > Connery's mother was a McLaine (hope I spelled it
            > right)..making my hubby and Sean very distant cousins....(
            > that still counts, right? LOL)
            > Good luck
            > Try to google a local chapter of Scottish Highland Games...
            > Mary Lou
            >
            > --- On Mon, 11/17/08, Mechelle Wallace
            > <mechelle.wallace@ yahoo.com> wrote:
            >
            > From: Mechelle Wallace <mechelle.wallace@ yahoo.com>
            > Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone have contacts
            > in Scotland
            > To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com
            > Date: Monday, November 17, 2008, 1:48 PM
            >
            > I belong to a research "family" Clan Cunningham..
            > .some of the members participate in the Scottish festivals,
            > kilts and all. I'll check and see if there is someone
            > that is knowledgeable about these things and forward your
            > request.
            >  
            > Mechelle
            >
            > --- On Mon, 11/17/08, chickweed5 <chickweed5@ yahoo.
            > com> wrote:
            >
            > From: chickweed5 <chickweed5@ yahoo. com>
            > Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Anyone have contacts in
            > Scotland
            > To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com
            > Date: Monday, November 17, 2008, 7:50 AM
            >
            > Hi. I am looking for a good contact in Scotland to help
            > with some
            > questions on tartans and clans. Do any of you have one or
            > know someone
            > or even have a good website address? My ancestors came from
            >
            > Campbelltown (one branch) and Dalbeatie (another branch).
            > We
            > had "kirkin of the tartans" yesterday in church,
            > and next year I want
            > to be able to go up with mine family tartan! Natalie G
            >
            > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            >
            > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            >
            > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.