Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Maps

  • sheila
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7 10:02 AM
      when I have needed maps, I just go to browser & type in the Country-Maps, which brings up a whole Bunch of choices. Once I find one I can read(big enough, maybe enlarger on site), then I type in county/state, years, one at a time. This has been a bit time consuming, but productive & Free(Key Word), then just copy /;paste if you need to.

      God Bless you & yours
        Sheila

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7 11:36 AM
        If you go to Google and click on the "Images" Tab, then type in 1700 germany or whatever you are looking for ..hit enter and you should be able to find some ..they are not all high rez, but I have found some in this way ...when dealing with 1700 and before you might want to try searching for Prussian and Austro-Hungarian empire as well ..there were many towns through the years that were close to the borders that changed national ownership many times due to treaties and other disagreements ....

        Its all about music, I call myself Top Quark.
        Music Page:
        http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=232115&content=music

        Personal Profile Page:
        http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=topquark

        Interesting stuff: Defenestration, Trepanation (Just imagine, a trepanic drill!!...lol), Synesthesia