Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: South Australia research

  • leeanne stone
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2008
      hi the franklin famly im looking for came from milang sa my great great grandmother had my grandad with father unknown she later married a man named mark eillot watherston in 1923 they had 2 children hannah grace daphne 13-12-1923 (milang) ... dorothy eileen 17-4-1925 ( rose pk ) ... sorry my grandmothers name was lily may franklin ... she also had a brother his name was james leonard franlikn he was but into care from a very young age he didnt even know he had any family he was killed in action in ww1 ... so any thing would be great thank you for help ,, i look forward to hearing from you again ......... leeanne

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 13, 2008
        Hi Leeanne stone,

        I did some research in our local libary from the data you have posted
        and this is what I have found so far.

        South Australian Births – Index Registrations. 1842 – 1906.
        FRANKLIN, William Henry, born, 12 May 1861, Hindmarsh Valley, South
        Australia.
        Father: William Franklin; Mother: Hannah [Ann] Parker.
        Record: Dist: EnB; Book: 22; Page: 629.
        FRANKLIN, Emily Jane, born, 3 Jun 1866, Port Elliot, South Australia.
        Father: William Franklin; Mother: Ann [Hannah] Parker.
        Record: Dist: EnB; Book: 44; Page: 173.
        FRANKLIN, Elizabeth Maria, born, 31 Jan 1868, Hindmarsh Valley, South
        Australia.
        Father: William Franklin; Mother: Ann [Hannah] Parker.
        Record: Dist: EnB; Book: 60; Page: 483.
        FRANKLIN, Sarah Ann, born, 26 Oct 1869, Port Elliot, South
        Australia. Died: 6 May 1935,
        Father: William Franklin; Mother: Ann [Hannah] Parker.
        Record: Dist: EnB; Book: 77; Page: 475.
        PANTONIE, Emma, born, 7 Mar 1888, Milang, South Australia.
        Father: George Pantonie; Mother: Maggie Kepani.
        Record: Dist: Wel; Book: 375; Page: 4.
        PANTUNI, [alt spelling - PANTONIE], Mabel, born, 5 Apr 1881, Port
        McLeay, South Australia.
        Father: George Pantonie; Mother: Maggie Kepani.
        Record: Dist: Wel; Book: 259; Page:284.

        South Australian Marriages – Index Registrations. 1842 – 1916.
        FRANKLIN, Sarah Ann (25 yrs), married, George PANTONIE (30 YRS)
        On 4 Dec 1894 in St. David Church, Burnside, South Australia.
        Record: Dist: Nor; Book: 181; Page: 783.

        FRANKLIN, Emily Jane, married, Thomas PAGE.
        Record: Dist: not recorded; Book: 154; Page: 1009

        South Australian Deaths – Index Registrations. 1842 – 1906.
        PANTONIE, Maggie, (28yrs) died, 21 Dec 1888, Port McLeay, South
        Australia.
        Husband: George Pantonie;
        Record: Dist: Wel; Book: 161; Page:213.

        Note: It would appear from the records that Sarah Ann Franklin was
        the second wife of George Pantonie. [alt spelling – Pantuni]

        South Australian Migrant Shipping, 1836 to 1860. South Australian -
        Passenger Lists.
        Vessel: Frenchman.
        Departed: Liverpool, England on 1 Jun 1858.
        Arrived: Port Adelaide, South Australia on 20 Sep 1858.
        Captain: W. Robertson.
        Source: Newspaper, 21 Sep 1858.

        I know that some of this information is confirmation for you and I
        hope that the additional information on Sarah Ann Franklin will be of
        help to you. Let me know if I can follow up on more data for you.

        regards,
        Harold E. Jones [aka KoalaSA] South Australia.

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 16, 2008
          hi just wanted to say thank you , i knew about sarah ann but thanks anyway .again thanks for putting in the time to help me    leeanne

          Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail! http://au.yahoo.com/y7mail