Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: South Australia research

  • Laurie Grant
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2008
      I think it better that instead of just wanting people in South Australia you put in the names you are looking for. If you do that and I have the names you want I will assist you an any way I can.

      Laurie England

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2008
        The more information you can post on South Australian or any
        Australian Questions members may have the easier it may be for people
        to assist you in your search.

        I have access to some records and there are Vital Records for some
        Australian States on line.

        My Home page also has links to Australian and Australian State Sites.
        See below for URL.

        Regards

        Alan aka awp_44
        http://awp44.homestead.com/HomePage.html

        <stone_leeanne@...> wrote:

        > hi i was just wondering if their is anyone in south australia or
        australia that can help me ,im searching my family tree im looking for
        franklins they came from hindmarsh valley or milang south australia
        thanks leeanne

      • leeanne stone
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 3, 2008
          thanks can i email you tonight with as much info as i can i would love the help i just keep hitting brick walls so thanks heaps leeanne

          ________________________________
          From: Harold E. Jones <koalasa@y7mail. com>
          To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com
          Date: Sunday, November 2, 2008, 9:34 AM

          <stone_leeanne@ ...> wrote:

          > hi i was just wondering if their is anyone in south australia or
          australia that can help me ,im searching my family tree im looking for
          franklins they came from hindmarsh valley or milang south australia
          thanks leeanne

          Hi Leeanne,

          If you can post more details about your Franklin folk, I will look up
          information on the South Australian Births, Marriages and Death
          registers at our local library for you.

          I am only too willing to help as there have been many people who have
          helped me in my research.
          regards,
          KoalaSa [aka Harold E. Jones - South Australia]

          Search 1000's of available singles in your area at the new Yahoo!7 Dating. Get Started http://au.dating.yahoo.com/?cid=53151&pid=1011

        • leeanne stone
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2008
            hi the franklin family im lookng for ,started with william franklin & hannah  nee parker, they came to australia in 1858 on the frenchman william was 24yrs hannah was 25yrs .they came out with  williams parents , william franklin 58yrs (labour- oxford ) elizabeth franklin 60yrs & a baby anne marie .. the family grew after they arrived in hindmarsh valley sa   the  info i got is william & hannah married in 1856 , they had 10 children only 4 children lived  their  names  are Elizabeth Maria 31-1-1868 hindmarsh valley ,,,, Emily Jane 3-6-1866 port elliot.... Sarah Ann 26-10-1869  died 6-5-1935 she was my great great great grandmother . william henrey 12-5-1861 .. i know that sarah had 2 children  lily may which is my great great  grandmother she was born 16-5-1888 & james leonard  born 27-9-1890  will any of this be any good i hope so thank you so much any help would be great ...i look forward to hearing from again  leeanne

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2008
              hi the franklin famly im looking for came from milang sa my great great grandmother had my grandad with father unknown she later married a man named mark eillot watherston in 1923 they had 2 children hannah grace daphne 13-12-1923 (milang) ... dorothy eileen 17-4-1925 ( rose pk ) ... sorry my grandmothers name was lily may franklin ... she also had a brother his name was james leonard franlikn he was but into care from a very young age he didnt even know he had any family he was killed in action in ww1 ... so any thing would be great thank you for help ,, i look forward to hearing from you again ......... leeanne

              ________________________________

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Australian _Genealogical_ Researchers/
              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/UK_ Genealogical_ Researchers/

              <stone_leeanne@ ...> wrote:

              > hi i was just wondering if their is anyone in south australia or
              australia that can help me ,im searching my family tree im looking for
              franklins they came from hindmarsh valley or milang south australia
              thanks leeanne

              Search 1000's of available singles in your area at the new Yahoo!7 Dating. Get Started http://au.dating.yahoo.com/?cid=53151&pid=1011

            • Harold E. Jones
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 13, 2008
                Hi Leeanne stone,

                I did some research in our local libary from the data you have posted
                and this is what I have found so far.

                South Australian Births – Index Registrations. 1842 – 1906.
                FRANKLIN, William Henry, born, 12 May 1861, Hindmarsh Valley, South
                Australia.
                Father: William Franklin; Mother: Hannah [Ann] Parker.
                Record: Dist: EnB; Book: 22; Page: 629.
                FRANKLIN, Emily Jane, born, 3 Jun 1866, Port Elliot, South Australia.
                Father: William Franklin; Mother: Ann [Hannah] Parker.
                Record: Dist: EnB; Book: 44; Page: 173.
                FRANKLIN, Elizabeth Maria, born, 31 Jan 1868, Hindmarsh Valley, South
                Australia.
                Father: William Franklin; Mother: Ann [Hannah] Parker.
                Record: Dist: EnB; Book: 60; Page: 483.
                FRANKLIN, Sarah Ann, born, 26 Oct 1869, Port Elliot, South
                Australia. Died: 6 May 1935,
                Father: William Franklin; Mother: Ann [Hannah] Parker.
                Record: Dist: EnB; Book: 77; Page: 475.
                PANTONIE, Emma, born, 7 Mar 1888, Milang, South Australia.
                Father: George Pantonie; Mother: Maggie Kepani.
                Record: Dist: Wel; Book: 375; Page: 4.
                PANTUNI, [alt spelling - PANTONIE], Mabel, born, 5 Apr 1881, Port
                McLeay, South Australia.
                Father: George Pantonie; Mother: Maggie Kepani.
                Record: Dist: Wel; Book: 259; Page:284.

                South Australian Marriages – Index Registrations. 1842 – 1916.
                FRANKLIN, Sarah Ann (25 yrs), married, George PANTONIE (30 YRS)
                On 4 Dec 1894 in St. David Church, Burnside, South Australia.
                Record: Dist: Nor; Book: 181; Page: 783.

                FRANKLIN, Emily Jane, married, Thomas PAGE.
                Record: Dist: not recorded; Book: 154; Page: 1009

                South Australian Deaths – Index Registrations. 1842 – 1906.
                PANTONIE, Maggie, (28yrs) died, 21 Dec 1888, Port McLeay, South
                Australia.
                Husband: George Pantonie;
                Record: Dist: Wel; Book: 161; Page:213.

                Note: It would appear from the records that Sarah Ann Franklin was
                the second wife of George Pantonie. [alt spelling – Pantuni]

                South Australian Migrant Shipping, 1836 to 1860. South Australian -
                Passenger Lists.
                Vessel: Frenchman.
                Departed: Liverpool, England on 1 Jun 1858.
                Arrived: Port Adelaide, South Australia on 20 Sep 1858.
                Captain: W. Robertson.
                Source: Newspaper, 21 Sep 1858.

                I know that some of this information is confirmation for you and I
                hope that the additional information on Sarah Ann Franklin will be of
                help to you. Let me know if I can follow up on more data for you.

                regards,
                Harold E. Jones [aka KoalaSA] South Australia.

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 16, 2008
                  hi just wanted to say thank you , i knew about sarah ann but thanks anyway .again thanks for putting in the time to help me    leeanne

                  Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail! http://au.yahoo.com/y7mail