Re: William Stoddard of Pennsylvania

  • Tom Knox
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2008
      Yes, you can rule out that other William -

      1910 Du Bois Ward 1, Clearfield, PA (yours)
      Stoddard, William/50, Emma J/41, Arthur/24, William/14
      - married 26 yrs 9 children 8 living

      1910 Wilmot, Bradford, PA (not yours)
      Stoddard, William A/51, Annibel M/52,
      - married 17 yrs 3 children 3 living
      (), Nellie G/16, Bennie E/14, Anna T/13

      ====

      1900 Dubois Ward 1, Clearfield, PA (yours)
      Stodard, Wm/40, Anna/31, married 18 yrs 6 children 6 living
      Arthur/14, Mirtle/13, Nora/9, William/3, Elizabeth/2, Levi/2m

      1900 Wilmot, Bradford, PA (not yours)
      Stoddad, William/41:PA:NY:NY, Ana Bell/42:PA:PA:PA,
      - married 7 yrs 4 children 3 living
      (), Jane/80:NY, Perry/49, Nellie/6, Bernest/4, Teressa/3
      Gamble, Mandania/76

      =====

      1860 Wilmot, Bradford, PA (not yours)
      Stoddard, W/59:NY, Jane/41:NY, Perry/10:PA,
      (), James/8, Joseph/6, Gertrude/4, William/2:PA, Bryant/85:NY

      - Tom Knox IBSSG

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "gngrbnks"
      <gngrbnks@...> wrote:

      > I am looking for any info on Wiliam Stoddard b. Aug. 15, 1858. He
      was born somewhere around Binghimton NY, Scranton, PA, or Wyoming
      County, PA. He moved to Dubois, Clearfield Co, PA sometime before
      1898, where he married Emma Jane Place. He had quite a few
      children, including, but not limited to: Elizabeth b. 1898; Raymond,
      Merle, Harld, Easton, William H., and Margaret. He lived on
      Rumbarger Ave in Dubois, and was buried at Rumbarger cemetery,
      having died on March 28, 1938.

      > I have found a William Stoddard, same birth year, of Wilmot,
      Bradford Co, PA (which is pretty close to the right location of
      birth) however, that William married Annabel Gamble on Dec 12,
      1892. I'm not ruling this one out, but I need to find a divorce or
      death record for her, before 1898, for it to be the same William as
      mine.