New info

  • maryann
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2008
      You just don't really know where you will find your info!

      I am writing a novel about a chest, a tea chest, beautifully designed,
      very old.

      So my research started with the Boston Tea Party. Lot of interesting
      stuff if any one is interested in history.

      I checked out the participants, a lot of angry people , anyway one name
      stuck out. John May, hmmm I thought. So I went to the LDS library. put
      the name in, it directed me to JOHN WAY!

      but not right wife. then I checked the family, Paul WAY and right wife.
      So I am wondering if Paul was the one involved in the BTP, sure both may
      have been involved.

      John Way b 1729 d 1772, lost at sea, m Elizabeth Long

      Paul Way b 1732 d 1763 lost at sea m Mary Macy

      descrepencies galore!!

      the Way, Macy, Coffin families were at Nantucket during Rev war. or
      after.

      the ship ,Dartmouth, was moored at Nantucket, not a cargo ship but a
      whaling ship,

      My question is how do I find out all these questions I have now? did
      those guys really die at sea? where LDS says? were they imprisoned for
      what they did?

      the boxes of Teas were destroyed except one, but who is to say others
      were saved. those boxes were beautifully carved.

      I do need documentation on this info, so how do I go about getting it,
      If anyone could help I sure would appreciate it. Mary Grether