William Stoddard of Pennsylvania

  • gngrbnks
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2008
      I am looking for any info on Wiliam Stoddard b. Aug. 15, 1858. He was
      born somewhere around Binghimton NY, Scranton, PA, or Wyoming County,
      PA. He moved to Dubois, Clearfield Co, PA sometime before 1898, where
      he married Emma Jane Place. He had quite a few children, including,
      but not limited to: Elizabeth b. 1898; Raymond, Merle, Harld, Easton,
      William H., and Margaret. He lived on Rumbarger Ave in Dubois, and
      was buried at Rumbarger cemetery, having died on March 28, 1938.

      I have found a William Stoddard, same birth year, of Wilmot, Bradford
      Co, PA (which is pretty close to the right location of birth) however,
      that William married Annabel Gamble on Dec 12, 1892. I'm not ruling
      this one out, but I need to find a divorce or death record for her,
      before 1898, for it to be the same William as mine.

      If anyone can help me find my William, I'd appreciate it. I know
      virtually nothing about him or his birth family.
    • Kate
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 27, 2008
        1900 United States Federal Census

        Name:
        William Stoddad
        [William Steddad]
        [William Stedded]

        Home in 1900:
        Wilmot, Bradford, Pennsylvania

        Age:
        41

        Birth Date:
        Jun 1858

        Birthplace:
        Pennsylvania

        Race:
        White

        Ethnicity:
        American

        Relationship to head-of-house:
        Head

        Father's Birthplace:
        New York

        Mother's Name:
        Jane

        Mother's Birthplace:
        Pennsylvania

        Spouse's Name:
        Ana Bell

        Marriage Year:
        1893

        Marital Status:
        Married

        Years Married:
        7

        Residence :
        Wilmot Township, Bradford, Pennsylvania

        Occupation:
        View Image

        Neighbors:
        View others on page

        Household Members:

        Name
        Age

        William Stoddad
        41

        Ana Bell Stoddad
        42

        Jane Stoddad
        80

        Perry Stoddad
        49

        Nellie Stoddad
        6

        Bernest Stoddad
        4

        Teressa Stoddad
        3

        Mandania Gamble
        76

        Inez Meeks
        27

        Source Citation: Year: 1900; Census Place: Wilmot, Bradford, Pennsylvania; Roll: T623 1383; Page: 8A; .
        1900 United States Federal Census

        Name:
        Wm Stodard

        Home in 1900:
        Dubois Ward 1, Clearfield, Pennsylvania

        Age:
        40

        Birth Date:
        Aug 1859

        Birthplace:
        Pennsylvania

        Race:
        White

        Ethnicity:
        American

        Relationship to head-of-house:
        Head

        Father's Birthplace:
        Pennsylvania

        Mother's Birthplace:
        Pennsylvania

        Spouse's Name:
        Anna

        Marriage Year:
        1882

        Marital Status:
        Married

        Years Married:
        18

        Residence :
        Dubois Borough, Clearfield, Pennsylvania

        Occupation:
        View Image

        Neighbors:
        View others on page

        Household Members:

        Name
        Age

        Wm Stodard
        40

        Anna Stodard
        31

        Arthur Stodard
        14

        Mirtle Stodard
        13

        Nora Stodard
        9

        William Stodard
        3

        Elizabeth Stodard
        2

        Levi Stodard
        2.12I'll email you the 1910 census I found, it is indexed wrong-

        Kate

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 28, 2008
          Yes, you can rule out that other William -

          1910 Du Bois Ward 1, Clearfield, PA (yours)
          Stoddard, William/50, Emma J/41, Arthur/24, William/14
          - married 26 yrs 9 children 8 living

          1910 Wilmot, Bradford, PA (not yours)
          Stoddard, William A/51, Annibel M/52,
          - married 17 yrs 3 children 3 living
          (), Nellie G/16, Bennie E/14, Anna T/13

          ====

          1900 Dubois Ward 1, Clearfield, PA (yours)
          Stodard, Wm/40, Anna/31, married 18 yrs 6 children 6 living
          Arthur/14, Mirtle/13, Nora/9, William/3, Elizabeth/2, Levi/2m

          1900 Wilmot, Bradford, PA (not yours)
          Stoddad, William/41:PA:NY:NY, Ana Bell/42:PA:PA:PA,
          - married 7 yrs 4 children 3 living
          (), Jane/80:NY, Perry/49, Nellie/6, Bernest/4, Teressa/3
          Gamble, Mandania/76

          =====

          1860 Wilmot, Bradford, PA (not yours)
          Stoddard, W/59:NY, Jane/41:NY, Perry/10:PA,
          (), James/8, Joseph/6, Gertrude/4, William/2:PA, Bryant/85:NY

          - Tom Knox IBSSG

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "gngrbnks"