South Australia research

  • leeanne stone
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 26, 2008
      hi i was just wondering� if their is anyone in south australia or australia that can help me ,im searching my family tree im looking for franklins they came from hindmarsh valley or milang south australia thanks leeanne
    • Harold E. Jones
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2008
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, leeanne stone
        <stone_leeanne@...> wrote:

        > hi i was just wondering if their is anyone in south australia or
        australia that can help me ,im searching my family tree im looking for
        franklins they came from hindmarsh valley or milang south australia
        thanks leeanne

        Hi Leeanne,

        If you can post more details about your Franklin folk, I will look up
        information on the South Australian Births, Marriages and Death
        registers at our local library for you.

        I am only too willing to help as there have been many people who have
        helped me in my research.
        regards,
        KoalaSa [aka Harold E. Jones - South Australia]
      • Synaptic Freak
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2008
          I am also interested in Southern Australia...I am wondering how Australia organizes their vital records ....like here in the United States you can go to the recorders office in the county that you are interested in and find a lot of Birth, Death, Marriage and other helpfull documents.....How do they keep track of rvital records in Australia?....I am looking for a family that originated in England and migrated to Australia in 1850's ..the name is Agar..according to family records they traveled from England on a ship by the name CONSTANT and they landed somewhere near Portland bay..they bought property in Werribee and settled there..I have a few photos of my wife's great grandparents standing in front of a schoolhouse in 1910 in Werribee..but i know that somehow some way the family ended up settleing in Wittlesea and Ivanho....Im looking to find when and how they moved....I also would like to find the rest of the AGAR family that didnt leave England.

          Its all about music, I call myself Top Quark.
          Music Page:
          http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=232115&content=music

          Personal Profile Page:
          http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=topquark

          Interesting stuff: Defenestration, Trepanation (Just imagine, a trepanic drill!!...lol), Synesthesia

          > hi i was just wondering if their is anyone in south australia or
          australia that can help me ,im searching my family tree im looking for
          franklins they came from hindmarsh valley or milang south australia
          thanks leeanne

          Hi Leeanne,

          If you can post more details about your Franklin folk, I will look up
          information on the South Australian Births, Marriages and Death
          registers at our local library for you.

          I am only too willing to help as there have been many people who have
          helped me in my research.
          regards,
          KoalaSa [aka Harold E. Jones - South Australia]

        • Laurie Grant
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2008
            I think it better that instead of just wanting people in South Australia you put in the names you are looking for. If you do that and I have the names you want I will assist you an any way I can.

            Laurie England

            > hi i was just wondering if their is anyone in south australia or
            australia that can help me ,im searching my family tree im looking for
            franklins they came from hindmarsh valley or milang south australia
            thanks leeanne

            Hi Leeanne,

            If you can post more details about your Franklin folk, I will look up
            information on the South Australian Births, Marriages and Death
            registers at our local library for you.

            I am only too willing to help as there have been many people who have
            helped me in my research.
            regards,
            KoalaSa [aka Harold E. Jones - South Australia]

          • AWP
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 2, 2008
              The more information you can post on South Australian or any
              Australian Questions members may have the easier it may be for people
              to assist you in your search.

              I have access to some records and there are Vital Records for some
              Australian States on line.

              My Home page also has links to Australian and Australian State Sites.
              See below for URL.

              Regards

              Alan aka awp_44
              http://awp44.homestead.com/HomePage.html

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 3, 2008
                thanks can i email you tonight with as much info as i can i would love the help i just keep hitting brick walls so thanks heaps leeanne

                ________________________________

                > hi i was just wondering if their is anyone in south australia or
                australia that can help me ,im searching my family tree im looking for
                franklins they came from hindmarsh valley or milang south australia
                thanks leeanne

                Hi Leeanne,

                If you can post more details about your Franklin folk, I will look up
                information on the South Australian Births, Marriages and Death
                registers at our local library for you.

                I am only too willing to help as there have been many people who have
                helped me in my research.
                regards,
                KoalaSa [aka Harold E. Jones - South Australia]

                Search 1000's of available singles in your area at the new Yahoo!7 Dating. Get Started http://au.dating.yahoo.com/?cid=53151&pid=1011

              • leeanne stone
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 4, 2008
                  hi the franklin family im lookng for ,started with william franklin & hannah  nee parker, they came to australia in 1858 on the frenchman william was 24yrs hannah was 25yrs .they came out with  williams parents , william franklin 58yrs (labour- oxford ) elizabeth franklin 60yrs & a baby anne marie .. the family grew after they arrived in hindmarsh valley sa   the  info i got is william & hannah married in 1856 , they had 10 children only 4 children lived  their  names  are Elizabeth Maria 31-1-1868 hindmarsh valley ,,,, Emily Jane 3-6-1866 port elliot.... Sarah Ann 26-10-1869  died 6-5-1935 she was my great great great grandmother . william henrey 12-5-1861 .. i know that sarah had 2 children  lily may which is my great great  grandmother she was born 16-5-1888 & james leonard  born 27-9-1890  will any of this be any good i hope so thank you so much any help would be great ...i look forward to hearing from again  leeanne

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 4, 2008
                    hi the franklin famly im looking for came from milang sa my great great grandmother had my grandad with father unknown she later married a man named mark eillot watherston in 1923 they had 2 children hannah grace daphne 13-12-1923 (milang) ... dorothy eileen 17-4-1925 ( rose pk ) ... sorry my grandmothers name was lily may franklin ... she also had a brother his name was james leonard franlikn he was but into care from a very young age he didnt even know he had any family he was killed in action in ww1 ... so any thing would be great thank you for help ,, i look forward to hearing from you again ......... leeanne

                    ________________________________

                    http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Australian _Genealogical_ Researchers/
                    http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/UK_ Genealogical_ Researchers/

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 13, 2008
                      Hi Leeanne stone,

                      I did some research in our local libary from the data you have posted
                      and this is what I have found so far.

                      South Australian Births – Index Registrations. 1842 – 1906.
                      FRANKLIN, William Henry, born, 12 May 1861, Hindmarsh Valley, South
                      Australia.
                      Father: William Franklin; Mother: Hannah [Ann] Parker.
                      Record: Dist: EnB; Book: 22; Page: 629.
                      FRANKLIN, Emily Jane, born, 3 Jun 1866, Port Elliot, South Australia.
                      Father: William Franklin; Mother: Ann [Hannah] Parker.
                      Record: Dist: EnB; Book: 44; Page: 173.
                      FRANKLIN, Elizabeth Maria, born, 31 Jan 1868, Hindmarsh Valley, South
                      Australia.
                      Father: William Franklin; Mother: Ann [Hannah] Parker.
                      Record: Dist: EnB; Book: 60; Page: 483.
                      FRANKLIN, Sarah Ann, born, 26 Oct 1869, Port Elliot, South
                      Australia. Died: 6 May 1935,
                      Father: William Franklin; Mother: Ann [Hannah] Parker.
                      Record: Dist: EnB; Book: 77; Page: 475.
                      PANTONIE, Emma, born, 7 Mar 1888, Milang, South Australia.
                      Father: George Pantonie; Mother: Maggie Kepani.
                      Record: Dist: Wel; Book: 375; Page: 4.
                      PANTUNI, [alt spelling - PANTONIE], Mabel, born, 5 Apr 1881, Port
                      McLeay, South Australia.
                      Father: George Pantonie; Mother: Maggie Kepani.
                      Record: Dist: Wel; Book: 259; Page:284.

                      South Australian Marriages – Index Registrations. 1842 – 1916.
                      FRANKLIN, Sarah Ann (25 yrs), married, George PANTONIE (30 YRS)
                      On 4 Dec 1894 in St. David Church, Burnside, South Australia.
                      Record: Dist: Nor; Book: 181; Page: 783.

                      FRANKLIN, Emily Jane, married, Thomas PAGE.
                      Record: Dist: not recorded; Book: 154; Page: 1009

                      South Australian Deaths – Index Registrations. 1842 – 1906.
                      PANTONIE, Maggie, (28yrs) died, 21 Dec 1888, Port McLeay, South
                      Australia.
                      Husband: George Pantonie;
                      Record: Dist: Wel; Book: 161; Page:213.

                      Note: It would appear from the records that Sarah Ann Franklin was
                      the second wife of George Pantonie. [alt spelling – Pantuni]

                      South Australian Migrant Shipping, 1836 to 1860. South Australian -
                      Passenger Lists.
                      Vessel: Frenchman.
                      Departed: Liverpool, England on 1 Jun 1858.
                      Arrived: Port Adelaide, South Australia on 20 Sep 1858.
                      Captain: W. Robertson.
                      Source: Newspaper, 21 Sep 1858.

                      I know that some of this information is confirmation for you and I
                      hope that the additional information on Sarah Ann Franklin will be of
                      help to you. Let me know if I can follow up on more data for you.

                      regards,
                      Harold E. Jones [aka KoalaSA] South Australia.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 16, 2008
                        hi just wanted to say thank you , i knew about sarah ann but thanks anyway .again thanks for putting in the time to help me    leeanne

                        Make the switch to the world's best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail! http://au.yahoo.com/y7mail