Myrtle Dawson Schultz

  • Marie
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2008
      Looking for any infomation on a Mrytle Dawson she married a Schultz
      after her first husband died. Would be from Minnesota, Pine City area.
      She is my mom's mother died from diabetes many years ago.
    • Kate
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 23, 2008
        Could this be your Myrtle?

        Name:
        Myrtle Iona Schultz

        Birth Date:

        Death Date:

        Death County:
        Pine

        Mother's Maiden Name:
        Babcock

        State File Number:
        029180

        Certificate Number:
        029180

        Certificate Year:
        1974

        Record Number:
        1929572
        possible Myrtle in 1910?

        1910 United States Federal Census

        Name:
        Myrtle Dawson

        Age in 1910:
        19

        Estimated Birth Year:
        abt 1891

        Birthplace:
        Minnesota

        Relation to Head of House:
        Daughter

        Father's Name:
        W A

        Father's Birth Place:
        Illinois

        Mother's Name:
        Josephine

        Mother's Birth Place:
        Illinois

        Home in 1910:
        Little Falls Ward 2, Morrison, Minnesota

        Marital Status:
        Single

        Race:
        White

        Gender:
        Female

        Neighbors:
        View others on page

        Household Members:

        Name
        Age

        W A Dawson
        51

        Josephine Dawson
        47

        Ethel Dawson
        22

        Myrtle Dawson
        19

        Elmer Dawson
        16

        Evelyn Dawson
        11

        Josephine Dawson
        8

        Source Citation: Year: 1910; Census Place: Little Falls Ward 2, Morrison, Minnesota; Roll: T624_711; Page: 5A; Enumeration District: 111; Image: 1002.
        Looking for any infomation on a Mrytle Dawson she married a Schultz

        after her first husband died. Would be from Minnesota, Pine City area.

        She is my mom's mother died from diabetes many years ago.

      • tomknox2001
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 28, 2009
          Is this the correct Myrtle Dawson Schultz ?

          Published in the Pine City Pioneer, Pine City, MN Feb. 13, 1969
          Paul Schultz of Pokegama township, a retired machinist, passed away at his home on Friday, Feb. 7, 1969 at the age of 73 years.
          Mr. Schultz was born in Minnesota on May 23, 1895 to Herman and Amela (Brodon) Schultz. He was united in marriage to Myrtle Dawson at Fargo, North Dakota on January 14, 1959.
          Funeral services were conducted on Wednesday, Feb. 12, at 2 p.m. from the Swanson Funeral Chapel with Donald Messerer officiating. Soloist was Merrill Womach with Norman Sandberg as organist. Burial was made at National Cemetery at Fort Snelling.
          Survivors includde his wife, Myrtle; four daughters; one brother, Walter of Phoenix and one sister, Emma (Mrs. Fred) Baumah of Minneapolis.
          http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.northam.usa.states.minnesota.counties.pine/3541/mb.ashx?pnt=1

          Do you have a copy of Myrtle Dawson Schultz' death certificate?

          You said "Myrtle Dawson she married a Schultz after her first husband died" - so I am assuming that her first-married name was DAWSON and her second-married name was SCHULTZ.
          Q: Do you know her maiden name?

          This looks like the right Myrtle Schultz -
          SSDI (Social Security Death Index)
          Name: Myrtle Schultz
          SSN: 468-32-8610 issued: Minnesota (Before 1951)
          Last Residence: 55063 Pine City, Pine, Minnesota
          Born: 21 May 1893
          Died: Nov 1974
          =====
          Minnesota Death Index, 1908-2002
          Name: Myrtle Iona Schultz
          Birth Date: 21 May 1893
          Death Date: 14 Nov 1974
          Death County: Pine
          Mother's Maiden Name: Babcock
          State File Number: 029180
          Certificate Number: 029180
          Certificate Year: 1974
          Record Number: 1929572
          =====
          U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006
          Name: Myrtle Schultz
          Service Info.: WAG US ARMY
          Birth Date: 21 May 1892
          Death Date: 14 Nov 1974
          Relation: Wife of Schultz, Paul M
          Interment Date: 18 Nov 1974
          Cemetery: Ft. Snelling National Cemetery, South Minneapolis, MN
          Buried At: Section M Site 4945

          And is this your mother's twin sister Florence?
          The Pine City Pioneer - 5/21/08 (Ancestry.com)
          Florence Mabel (Dawson) Dickey, 93, passed away on Sunday, May 11, 2008 at the Pine Area Medical Center in Sandstone.
          She was born April 23, 1915 in Murray County to George and Myrtle (Hookham) Dawson. Florence was one of nine children. ...
          She met and married Willard Johnson in 1932, and together they made their home in Albert Lea. In 1942, they returned to Pine City, where they raised their six children.
          In 1974 Willard passed away. Florence then married Dave Dickey on Feb. 25, 1983 in Renton, Wash. ...
          She is survived by her children: Lawrence Johnson of Wyoming, Curtis Johnson and wife Virginia of Pine City, Aurilla Ione and husband Dale Storm of Pine City, Harvey Johnson and wife Julieta of Coon Rapids and Geraldine Ferguson of Pennsylvania; sisters Elise 'Paulie' Horseman of Owatanna, and twin sister Frances Ferguson of California; 18 grandchildren and many great-grandchildren, other relatives and friends.
          She is preceded in death by her parents, daughter Karen Senske, sister Mary Bell and brothers Myles, Bill, Edward, John and Morris Dawson. ... ...

          1920 Hinckley, Pine, MN
          Dawson, George, head 54 married born IL:IL:IL farmer
          (), Myrtle, wife 26 married born IA:England:IA
          (), John H/7:IA, Mary/6:MN, Frances/4?+9m:MN, Florence/4?+9m:MN,
          (), Elise/3+4m:MN, Bill/1+3m:MN

          1930 Mission Creek, Pine, MN (indexed as DANSON and BONSON)
          Dawson, George D, head 66 married at age 24 born IL:IL:IL
          Meral I, wife 37 married at age 18 born IA:England:England
          (), John K?/17:MN, Mary L/16, Frances M/14, Florence M/14
          (), Bell/11, Elsie G/13, Myles/9, Eduard/6, Marissa A/4m

          - Tom Knox

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Marie" <flipp5054981@...> wrote:

          > Looking for any infomation on a Mrytle Dawson she married a Schultz
          > after her first husband died. Would be from Minnesota, Pine City area.
          > She is my mom's mother died from diabetes many years ago.

        • flipp5054981
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6, 2009
            Yes, this the right one, Thank You so much, my mother (Frances) is still alive at 93 and still living in California with my brother (Donald).I'm- Marie Ferguson Wilson
            I copied everything for my records , my hubby has a book which I help make out about his family so I wanted some info on my side.