Reverse Genealogy Brick Wall - Help in finding a father

  • gniewczyk
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2008
      Greeting All,

      I'm trying to help someone in Poland find his true father. I hope
      someone can give some direction. I'm greatfull for mailing lists like
      this and other forums such as Ancestry World Forums in their Brick
      Wall Forum for help at: http://forums.ancestry-world.com

      BACKGROUND

      Jozefa Meller who was born on February 15th, 1922 in Kowala, Kielce
      was staying in Augsburg, Hindenburgkaserne, Germany as a forced
      labourer during World War II. After the war she was sent to DP-Camp
      Augsburg, Hindenburgkaserne on November 6, 1945 were she met an US
      Army Soldier with whom she bore a son named Jozef on March 18, 1946
      in Augsburg, Germany.

      Although Jozef shares his mothers surname MELLER, his birth
      certificate reflects the surname KASPERCZYK because this surname was
      his mothers surname at his time of birth.

      Jozefa never married the US Army Soldier. She lied on the birth
      certificate about her son's father (Which is Leon Meller) because she
      did not want her son to be ashamed in the future regarding his father.

      OTHER INFORMATION

      Jozef has supplied me with an old army photo with a picture believed
      to be his father. The man in the photo is believed to be his father
      because of the likeness in facial features to Jozef.

      WHAT INFORMATION IS SOUGHT

      Jozef Meller is interested in finding his real father. Or at least
      what happend to his father.

      MY QUESTIONS TO THE FORUM

      1) Does anyone know of a place to post pictures for identification?
      Especially military photos. I was hoping someone would recognise the
      men in the photo.

      2) Are there records somewhere for the US Army Units that were
      stationed in Germany during this time?

      3) Is there some other guidence that someone can give to help me find
      Jozef's father in the United States?

      Thanks for your time.

      Sincerely,

      Dave
    • D. Price
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2008
        Try going to www.military.com and enter as much info about your
        father as you know in the buddy finder's section. He or someone who
        served with him may be able to help you. You should also try a
        search for his name online.
        Good luck. D. Price
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "gniewczyk"