Lavoy or LaVoi Surname

  • ruby scales
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2008
      Would anyone out there that has the World and Canadian Ancestry be able to help me
      I am looking for information on the parents of Alfred (*Fred) Lavoy or LaVoi. Alfred was born in Ontario Jan 1867 and died 1941 . , to his parents Joseph Lavoy and his wife Rosalie. One might also find this family in Manitoba around Winnipeg. I dont even know of siblings.
      Thank You So Much

      Ruby

    • Tom Knox
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2008
        Ruby -

        Is this the right family?

        1911 Canada, Manitoba, Brandon, Souris
        Lavoy, Fredrick/44:Ontario/Aug1866, Muriel/9, Mary/4

        Do you have Alfred in *any* censuses? which one(s)?
        And/or - what year did he go to Manitoba?

        These Canadian census resources are F.R.E.E.:
        1881 Canadian census http://www.familysearch.org
        1891 Canadian census http://www.ogs.on.ca/ogspi/9/9.htm
        1901 Canada
        http://automatedgenealogy.com/census/cache/NationalSummary.jsp