research info

  • maryann
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
      This may be out of bounds, but I need info on this. Please bear with
      me, cause I need to write this as I remember,

      There are two accidents, at least,I am looking into for me, my
      records etc.

      (granddad) George Philemon Warner, had a gas refrigerator explode in
      his face,
      late 1953, Lebanon( Smith County), KS

      A month later another accident same thing guys name was Charles
      Christman.

      This next one may have been late 1953 or early 1954.

      (dad)Melvin Arnold Warner, while working for REA, accidentally
      touched a
      live wire and was severly burned,

      What I recall as a child, we went to visit grandad then my dad in two
      seperate hospitals , I think dad was in Cawker City( Jewel County?)

      These accidents were weeks or a couple of months apart.( I recall we
      rushed to see grandad after his accident)

      Also if this helps anyone, there was a bad train wreck in that time
      frame, and the people were taken to the hospital my dad was in.

      I remember bits and pieces of these accidents
      There was a big writeup about dads accident, and something about
      grandads as well. I would like to find this info, or be directed to
      whereever I am to go,

      News papers, that I have contacted don't have the information.

      I know this is a bit sketchy , but if you all can, please help!
      Mary Grether
    • Kirk
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
        November 30, 1953
        XW Interlocking, Paterson
        ERIE
        Erie train bound for Hoboken proceeded the wrong way through XW
        Interlocking and collided head just west of Paterson Station with
        another Erie train bound for Port Jervis. 17 Injuries

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "maryann"
        <Mary_Grether@...> wrote:

        > This may be out of bounds, but I need info on this. Please bear with
        > me, cause I need to write this as I remember,
        >
        > There are two accidents, at least,I am looking into for me, my
        > records etc.
        >
        > (granddad) George Philemon Warner, had a gas refrigerator explode in
        > his face,
        > late 1953, Lebanon( Smith County), KS
        >
        > A month later another accident same thing guys name was Charles
        > Christman.
        >
        > This next one may have been late 1953 or early 1954.
        >
        > (dad)Melvin Arnold Warner, while working for REA, accidentally
        > touched a
        > live wire and was severly burned,
        >
        > What I recall as a child, we went to visit grandad then my dad in two
        > seperate hospitals , I think dad was in Cawker City( Jewel County?)
        >
        > These accidents were weeks or a couple of months apart.( I recall we
        > rushed to see grandad after his accident)
        >
        > Also if this helps anyone, there was a bad train wreck in that time
        > frame, and the people were taken to the hospital my dad was in.
        >
        > I remember bits and pieces of these accidents
        > There was a big writeup about dads accident, and something about
        > grandads as well. I would like to find this info, or be directed to
        > whereever I am to go,
        >
        > News papers, that I have contacted don't have the information.
        >
        > I know this is a bit sketchy , but if you all can, please help!
        > Mary Grether

      • Kirk
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
          One more

          January 15, 1954
          Camden
          PRSL
          Two car RDC trainset was rear ended by first class express in Camden
          Passenger Yard. 28 Injuries