Re: [Genealogy Research Club] The Eneis family

  • Don Qui
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2008
      Hi. Yes Herbert and Mildred were my grandparents on my mothers side. My grandmother stayed with us until her death here in San Diego. Herbert died before I was born so I never knew him. I have a copy of his death certificate which gives the following information:

      DoB: Jan 29,1902
      DoD: April 15, 1953 in Highland Park General Hospital, 4748 Rochester Rd., Highland Park, Wayne County, Michigan
      The marriage certificate says he married Mildred Adeline Stark on September 02, 1925 in Utica, Macomb county, Michigan
      Military service: None
      Occupation: Truck Driver (at death)
      Children: Geraldine T. (My mother, living)
      Mildred Marie (deceased 2007)
      Carol (deceased 2007)
      William John (deceased 1975)
      I hope this helps. Herbert actually was a Jr.. The attending physician misheard his mothers voice when he asked her what the baby's name was and wrote his middle name as Edwin. His Father's name is Herbert Edward, so he didn't get to be a Jr. I hope this helps. It is documented with birth, death & marriage certificates and funeral cards. If you have any ancestoral information to share please pass it along. I have more on the Luteys and the Starks and a bit on the Metros. Let me know if you need any of that.

      Thanks,

      Richard Hayes

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
        Hi Richard,
        Although we share a city (I'm also in San Diego) we don't share
        family. I applaud and thank you for offering family info, if we were
        family. I'm just on the list and like many here, try to help others
        because I have a subscription to ancestry.com, which many people
        don't have (though it's accessible for free at the SD Public Library
        - did you know that?).

        From what I remember in looking this up, your grandfather Herbert
        was raised from a young age by his Metro uncles. I never actually
        found him with his parents. Do you know his mother's name? That
        would help, since the 1900 census evidently spells the Eneis name
        incorrectly. Did your grandfather have siblings? I ask all this
        because I've found the way to go back through the generations is to
        establish each one, find out where they lived, who all was in the
        family, etc., to be able to recognize them in prior census etc. By
        giving all the names surround the "mystery" person, those of us who
        have subscriptions to various sites can look to see if info is
        available for you.

        Barbara

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 15, 2008
          Barbara,

          Thank you for your answers to my query. I apologize for not answering sooner. I got a little behind. Anyway I didn't know that ancestry.com was available at the library! Is that on all branches or just downtown? Also, I have discovered that my great- grandfather came from France and originally was a "Bouchoux" or "Beuchoux". He changed it when he immigrated here. I cant find him on the ships lists available at ellis nor Castle garden, Boston, New Orleans or any of the other ports of entry used in the 1800s. So I have a new direction to go into and will look on the Ancestry.com at the library. Thanks for that valuable tip.

          Yours,

          Rick

          Although we share a city (I'm also in San Diego) we don't share
          family. I applaud and thank you for offering family info, if we were
          family. I'm just on the list and like many here, try to help others
          because I have a subscription to ancestry.com, which many people
          don't have (though it's accessible for free at the SD Public Library
          - did you know that?).

          From what I remember in looking this up, your grandfather Herbert

          At 02:16 PM 9/30/2008, you wrote:

          >Hi. Yes Herbert and Mildred were my grandparents on my mothers side.
          >My grandmother stayed with us until her death here in San Diego.
          >Herbert died before I was born so I never knew him. I have a copy of
          >his death certificate which gives the following information:
          >
          >DoB: Jan 29,1902
          >DoD: April 15, 1953 in Highland Park General Hospital, 4748
          >Rochester Rd., Highland Park, Wayne County, Michigan
          >The marriage certificate says he married Mildred Adeline Stark on
          >September 02, 1925 in Utica, Macomb county, Michigan
          >Military service: None
          >Occupation: Truck Driver (at death)
          >Children: Geraldine T. (My mother, living)
          >Mildred Marie (deceased 2007)
          >Carol (deceased 2007)
          >William John (deceased 1975)
          >I hope this helps. Herbert actually was a Jr.. The attending
          >physician misheard his mothers voice when he asked her what the
          >baby's name was and wrote his middle name as Edwin. His Father's
          >name is Herbert Edward, so he didn't get to be a Jr. I hope this
          >helps. It is documented with birth, death & marriage certificates
          >and funeral cards. If you have any ancestoral information to share
          >please pass it along. I have more on the Luteys and the Starks and a
          >bit on the Metros. Let me know if you need any of that.
          >
          >Thanks,
          >
          >Richard Hayes

        • mg
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 16, 2008
            There is a family of singers in Newfoundland with a name similar to that.  It might be Ennis.  They are quite well known.

            Someone mentioned Starks.  I think that might be a Dingle Ireland name..oops..maybe I am thinking of Stack.  mg

            Thank you for your answers to my query. I apologize for not answering sooner. I got a little behind. Anyway I didn't know that ancestry.com was available at the library! Is that on all branches or just downtown? Also, I have discovered that my great- grandfather came from France and

            Recent Activity

             11
            New MembersVisit Your Group

            Y! Groups blog