The Eneis family

  • drneedle551
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 27, 2008
      I am researching my mothers maiden family The Eneis's. They were last
      in Michigan but I can find nothing on them before my great
      grandfather. The name can be spelled Eneis, Enies, Enis, or Enie. If
      anyone has any information on this family, anywhere I would be grateful.
    • Barbara Sack
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 29, 2008
        Is this your family? To help you, we really need more info. We need
        to know what you know about your great grandfather - full name, where
        born, approx birth date, his wife's name, kids names, what kind of
        info you're looking for. For example, there are other Eneis listings
        in 1930 and other years in ancestry.com, but I haven't a clue as to
        whether they might be "yours." Can you fill us in?

        1930 Census
        Name: Herbert E Eneis
        Home in 1930: Warren, Macomb, Michigan
        Age: 29
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1901
        Birthplace: Michigan
        Relation to Head of House: Head
        Spouse's Name: Mildred A
        Race: White
        Occupation:
        Education:
        Military service:
        Rent/home value:
        Age at first marriage:
        Parents' birthplace:
        Neighbors: View others on page
        Household Members:
        Name Age
        Herbert E Eneis 29
        Mildred A Eneis 23
        Mildred M Eneis 2 11/12
        Carol E Eneis 2 3/12
        Geraldine I Eneis 1 3/12
        John Metro 72 (uncle to Herbert)

        At 09:44 AM 9/27/2008, you wrote:

        >I am researching my mothers maiden family The Eneis's. They were last
        >in Michigan but I can find nothing on them before my great
        >grandfather. The name can be spelled Eneis, Enies, Enis, or Enie. If
        >anyone has any information on this family, anywhere I would be grateful.

        >9/28/2008 1:30 PM

      • Don Qui
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 30, 2008
          Hi. Yes Herbert and Mildred were my grandparents on my mothers side. My grandmother stayed with us until her death here in San Diego. Herbert died before I was born so I never knew him. I have a copy of his death certificate which gives the following information:

          DoB: Jan 29,1902
          DoD: April 15, 1953 in Highland Park General Hospital, 4748 Rochester Rd., Highland Park, Wayne County, Michigan
          The marriage certificate says he married Mildred Adeline Stark on September 02, 1925 in Utica, Macomb county, Michigan
          Military service: None
          Occupation: Truck Driver (at death)
          Children: Geraldine T. (My mother, living)
          Mildred Marie (deceased 2007)
          Carol (deceased 2007)
          William John (deceased 1975)
          I hope this helps. Herbert actually was a Jr.. The attending physician misheard his mothers voice when he asked her what the baby's name was and wrote his middle name as Edwin. His Father's name is Herbert Edward, so he didn't get to be a Jr. I hope this helps. It is documented with birth, death & marriage certificates and funeral cards. If you have any ancestoral information to share please pass it along. I have more on the Luteys and the Starks and a bit on the Metros. Let me know if you need any of that.

          Thanks,

          Richard Hayes

          At 09:44 AM 9/27/2008, you wrote:

          >I am researching my mothers maiden family The Eneis's. They were last
          >in Michigan but I can find nothing on them before my great
          >grandfather. The name can be spelled Eneis, Enies, Enis, or Enie. If
          >anyone has any information on this family, anywhere I would be grateful.

          >9/28/2008 1:30 PM

        • Barbara Sack
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
            Hi Richard,
            Although we share a city (I'm also in San Diego) we don't share
            family. I applaud and thank you for offering family info, if we were
            family. I'm just on the list and like many here, try to help others
            because I have a subscription to ancestry.com, which many people
            don't have (though it's accessible for free at the SD Public Library
            - did you know that?).

            From what I remember in looking this up, your grandfather Herbert
            was raised from a young age by his Metro uncles. I never actually
            found him with his parents. Do you know his mother's name? That
            would help, since the 1900 census evidently spells the Eneis name
            incorrectly. Did your grandfather have siblings? I ask all this
            because I've found the way to go back through the generations is to
            establish each one, find out where they lived, who all was in the
            family, etc., to be able to recognize them in prior census etc. By
            giving all the names surround the "mystery" person, those of us who
            have subscriptions to various sites can look to see if info is
            available for you.

            Barbara

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 15, 2008
              Barbara,

              Thank you for your answers to my query. I apologize for not answering sooner. I got a little behind. Anyway I didn't know that ancestry.com was available at the library! Is that on all branches or just downtown? Also, I have discovered that my great- grandfather came from France and originally was a "Bouchoux" or "Beuchoux". He changed it when he immigrated here. I cant find him on the ships lists available at ellis nor Castle garden, Boston, New Orleans or any of the other ports of entry used in the 1800s. So I have a new direction to go into and will look on the Ancestry.com at the library. Thanks for that valuable tip.

              Yours,

              Rick

              Although we share a city (I'm also in San Diego) we don't share
              family. I applaud and thank you for offering family info, if we were
              family. I'm just on the list and like many here, try to help others
              because I have a subscription to ancestry.com, which many people
              don't have (though it's accessible for free at the SD Public Library
              - did you know that?).

              From what I remember in looking this up, your grandfather Herbert

              At 02:16 PM 9/30/2008, you wrote:

              >Hi. Yes Herbert and Mildred were my grandparents on my mothers side.
              >My grandmother stayed with us until her death here in San Diego.
              >Herbert died before I was born so I never knew him. I have a copy of
              >his death certificate which gives the following information:
              >
              >DoB: Jan 29,1902
              >DoD: April 15, 1953 in Highland Park General Hospital, 4748
              >Rochester Rd., Highland Park, Wayne County, Michigan
              >The marriage certificate says he married Mildred Adeline Stark on
              >September 02, 1925 in Utica, Macomb county, Michigan
              >Military service: None
              >Occupation: Truck Driver (at death)
              >Children: Geraldine T. (My mother, living)
              >Mildred Marie (deceased 2007)
              >Carol (deceased 2007)
              >William John (deceased 1975)
              >I hope this helps. Herbert actually was a Jr.. The attending
              >physician misheard his mothers voice when he asked her what the
              >baby's name was and wrote his middle name as Edwin. His Father's
              >name is Herbert Edward, so he didn't get to be a Jr. I hope this
              >helps. It is documented with birth, death & marriage certificates
              >and funeral cards. If you have any ancestoral information to share
              >please pass it along. I have more on the Luteys and the Starks and a
              >bit on the Metros. Let me know if you need any of that.
              >
              >Thanks,
              >
              >Richard Hayes

            • mg
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 16, 2008
                There is a family of singers in Newfoundland with a name similar to that.  It might be Ennis.  They are quite well known.

                Someone mentioned Starks.  I think that might be a Dingle Ireland name..oops..maybe I am thinking of Stack.  mg

                Thank you for your answers to my query. I apologize for not answering sooner. I got a little behind. Anyway I didn't know that ancestry.com was available at the library! Is that on all branches or just downtown? Also, I have discovered that my great- grandfather came from France and

                Recent Activity

                 11
                New MembersVisit Your Group

                Y! Groups blog