Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Just joined - HELP!!! Mechelle

  • circa_1948
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2008
      Sometimes people seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. When I can't find someone at all I check prison and asylum records.
      I have a lot of these I've saved over the years doing my genealogy. Some I got off the internet and some personally acquired thru auctions, collections, friends, societies etc. Here is a listing from the Colorado Prisoner Index (years 1871 - 1973). Isadore being such an unusual name I wondered
      if it might be yours even though an E ends Levin. People spelled my dad's last name 3 diff ways in his prison records.

      Name, inmate number, prison record volume number
      Levine, Isadore, 8186, 17

      I have no exact year. As for looking up the records of this person, I'd contact whatever prison is there now (if any) and if thy do not have the records contact
      the local (to the prison) historical society. They are usually the people who get me my records and cost is usually minimal.
      Good luck,
      Sunny IBSSG