Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: I've hit a brick wall and it hurts / Muskevitsch

  • Mary E. Conley
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 2, 2008
      Is there a website for Canadian ports of entry?

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 28, 2009
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Shirley Patrick
        <patricktree68@...> wrote:

        > Laura,
        >
        > are you working on your Teer Lie?
        >
        > Shirley Patrick
        > daughter of Margaret Teer

        German immigrants landed there in the mid 1800;s.  That is one
        suggestion.  If you can find old family bibles their trip over was
        documented.. .Keep looking and do not give up.
        > Laura
        >
        > I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

      • laurateer
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 27, 2009
          Yes I am researching my Teer Line.

        • ck4evr@aol.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 27, 2009
            Try different dates and also different spellings to the name. Also try Canada's lists. Look at the earliest census, find anyone that was with them and search for their ships records. I will search my lists and see if I have any other info from Germany. I have alot of research there.?
            Kathleen

            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 31, 2009
              Try using the website castlegarden.org.  It was very helpful, when nothing else worked to locate ship records. this was a port in New York. Some of my Canadian ancestors started in the States. Hope this helps. Here is where i found it http://stephenmorse.org/. Good luck!