From Sweden to the USA

  • barbara erickson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2008
      Hi, I'm trying to find information as to where my ggrandfather landed when he came to the USA.

      His name was Andrew Erickson. I have no idea how the last name was spelled at that time.
      He was living in Summit Co.,Colorado, Precinct 7 in the 1900 census.Born in Oct.,1865 and came here 1888.He had been here 12 yrs.

      Then I found Andrew in the 1910 census. Still in Colorado but in Engle Co.,Red Cliff, Precinct 3 as a miner. But the dates are different.It shows him being Naturalized in 1884. I sent away and received a copy of his Naturalization papers.

      I have information that he lived in the C. & N. Hotel in Ward, Colorado. It is probably no longer there but maybe someone thar lives in the area may find something left of the place as in records.

      Hope there is enough information here to go on. If anyone needs more please feel free to contact me.

      Thanks, Barb