Brick wall, Joseph Vincent and wife Elinor

  • Joan Slocombe
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2008
      Good morning,
      I joined this group several months ago and have been lurking ever since. My brick wall is my 3 times great grand father. His name is Joseph Vincent, Dutch extraction and religion Baptist. His wife's name was Elinor, MNU. I suspect he was born sometime before 1790, as my gggrandfather, also Joseph, was born in Upper Canada (now Ontario) in 1810. Because immigration to Canada from Holland was practically nil before WW1 I think he probably came from the US either just before, after or during the American Revolution, but I don't know where to search. I know the largest Dutch colonies were in New York and Pennsylvania but genealogy research there is an unknown wilderness. LOL Any assistance greatly appreciated TIA

      Joan