[genealogyclub1] Grouply Members and Ex-Members

  • Barbara Sack
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 3:24 PM
      {Because I have been receiving emails from grouply members that I consider spam (it is against our club rules to spam other members or the group) and because I have received a few complaints, I only thought it would be wise to allow this message. Yes, I know that it is off-topic but I do feel that it deals with Yahoo! Groups and your privacy issues. So I have allowed this email. Do NOT respond to this as it will probably not be posted. If anyone has a problem with this please email me directly tolksteel@.... Also as a side note, I am disabling our group from the grouply website so you will not be able to utilize it for our group because of the misuse of members spamming me. I take spamming issues very seriously since I receive over 200 emails daily that are legit and I don't have the time to deal with spammers!!! Tina Stedman, owner of the genealogy research club}

      Message from Barbara:

      To anyone who is currently a member of grouply or was a member but
      dropped out -

      By joining grouply and giving them your yahoo password, you have
      overridden your yahoo privacy settings and opened all your yahoo
      accounts to grouply, including such things as bill paying etc. I
      suggest you CHANGE YOUR YAHOO PASSWORD immediately. See a techie
      review of grouply here:

      http://www.ncs-tech.org/?p=1146

      Barbara