Re: Barnes in Ontario, Wayne Co., NY

  • Kathy P
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2008
      The guy that I am doing this for apparently has a copy of the obit - but it was clipped from the paper and it has no date on it.  I do not believe that this Eddie Barnes is the same as the son of my great aunt - his birthdate is a different month and a year different than what is listed in the census when he was living with his parents.  I have forwarded the information that everyone so generously provided to him to follow up on.  Also, while both Eddie Barnes's were born in Alabama, he claims a different county than the one in which my grandmother's sister seemingly lived all her life.  Unless she moved and moved back within the 10 years (or 20) inbetween available census information, I can't tie her to where he claims his Eddie was born.  There are multiple WWI draft registrations for Eddie and Edward Barnes' in Alabama.  His guy left his wife and moved to Florida with a gal and fathered two daughters there - one of which was his
      grandmother.  I can't find him in the Florida census, though, and I don't know where exactly in Florida he lived.

      I'd like to thank everyone who has been sending information on this to me.

      Kathy
      Genealogists never die, they just lose their census.
      visit my family history website: http://dutraporter.tribalpages.com/