Re: Joseph N. Moore

  • Tom Knox
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2008
      Steve -

      have you found him in the 1900 census?
      I can't find him in 1900, although I can locate
      1900 Vinita, Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory.

      - Tom Knox IBSSG

      --- In genealogyresearchclub, "stevesr85552" wrote:

      > I am desperately searching for any information on Joseph N. Moore.
      The
      > only info I have on him is that he was a white man living in
      Vinita,
      > Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory. This is now Vinita, Craig
      County,
      > OK. He married Julia Ann Martin-Nelson in 1898. I can find no other
      > info on him before 1898 or after 1900. Any help would be deeply
      > appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Steve
    • Sarah
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 7, 2008
        after 1900 it was Oklahoma, not Indian Territory. Should be anyway.

        I can't find him in 1900, although I can locate
        1900 Vinita, Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory.

        - Tom Knox IBSSG

        --- In genealogyresearchcl ub, "stevesr85552" wrote:

        > I am desperately searching for any information on Joseph N. Moore.
        The
        > only info I have on him is that he was a white man living in
        Vinita,
        > Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory. This is now Vinita, Craig
        County,
        > OK. He married Julia Ann Martin-Nelson in 1898. I can find no other
        > info on him before 1898 or after 1900. Any help would be deeply
        > appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Steve

      • Sharon
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 7, 2008
          To all searching the Oklahoma records.. please make note that
          Oklahoma became the 46th state on November 16, 1907.

          sStevesr85552: You are correct in stating the area as Indian Territory
          for the years prior to 1907.. I also have a history that goes into IT!
          According to OklahomaGenWeb,(as redirected from USGenWeb site):

          About Craig County, Oklahoma:
          Location: Craig County borders Kansas and is located in northeastern
          Oklahoma. Vinita the county seat, was once called both "Downingville"
          and "The Junction" and was established in 1871 at the junction of the
          Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad (Katy) and the Atlantic and Pacific
          Railroad, (later the Frisco), the first rail lines to enter Oklahoma.
          In 1881 the two railroads crossed at Vinita.

          Good luck in your searches!
          Sharon
        • stevesr85552
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 13, 2008
            Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

            Steve

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "stevesr85552"
            <stevesr85552@...> wrote:

            > I am desperately searching for any information on Joseph N. Moore.
            The
            > only info I have on him is that he was a white man living in
            Vinita,
            > Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory. This is now Vinita, Craig
            County,
            > OK. He married Julia Ann Martin-Nelson in 1898. I can find no other
            > info on him before 1898 or after 1900. Any help would be deeply
            > appreciated.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Steve

          • stevesr85552
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 13, 2008
              Tom, I have searched for him in the 1900 census. My grt grandmother
              is listed as Julia Nelson in the 1900 census. Nelson was the name of
              her first husband

              Steve

              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Knox"
              <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

              > Steve -
              >
              > have you found him in the 1900 census?
              > I can't find him in 1900, although I can locate
              > 1900 Vinita, Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory.
              >
              > - Tom Knox IBSSG
              >

              > --- In genealogyresearchclub, "stevesr85552" wrote:
              > >
              > > I am desperately searching for any information on Joseph N.
              Moore.
              > The
              > > only info I have on him is that he was a white man living in
              > Vinita,
              > > Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory. This is now Vinita, Craig
              > County,
              > > OK. He married Julia Ann Martin-Nelson in 1898. I can find no
              other
              > > info on him before 1898 or after 1900. Any help would be deeply
              > > appreciated.
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > > Steve

            • Sarah
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 13, 2008
                Do you have any info on his mother and father, even just their names?? There are a lot of Joseph Moores on a site I go to, but some just have his mother and father, and not a wife or anything.

                <stevesr85552@ ...> wrote:

                > I am desperately searching for any information on Joseph N. Moore.
                The
                > only info I have on him is that he was a white man living in
                Vinita,
                > Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory. This is now Vinita, Craig
                County,
                > OK. He married Julia Ann Martin-Nelson in 1898. I can find no other
                > info on him before 1898 or after 1900. Any help would be deeply
                > appreciated.
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Steve

              • Synaptic Freak
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 13, 2008
                  I am searching for 2 family names that I know existed but seems to have vanished off the face of the planet ....

                  Spignard: Based out of the Pennsylvainia/New York area in and around the early late 1800, early 1900.....If you look up the name in the SS Death index you will find only a few of them, and every single one in the death index are my relatives...Both George and Lucille worked for 40 years at the Case knife factory in Bradford Pennsylvainia.

                  Albert 079-07-442
                  This was my grandfathers oldest brother

                  George 174-07-5637
                  This was my frandfather (My Mother's Father)
                  Lucille (Maiden Name Streeter) out of Midway City California was My Grandmother

                  John 174-07-7643 was my grandfathers younger brother
                  Imogene "Juanita" 174-07-5638 was Johns Wife.
                  Both John and his wife worked for years for the Case Shear Factory in Nashville Arkansas.

                  Laura 195-16-2310 was my grandfathers older sister.

                  According to my mother, her grandfather came directly from northern Italy and his name was Michael ...I have a 1910 Census that shows him and several of the children living in Cattaraugus County, Olean New York. I have found tons and tons of the name Spignardo, but without the O , the only peopl ein existance in the United States are people that are my relatives ..how can this be?....Could there have been some sort of family fued or something and one faction took the O off their names?...I cant freaking find ANY more spignards without the O ....and according to the census there was a HUGE family ..Like 11 Children, and i can only account for 4 of them...where did they all go?...

                  The next family I am looking for is Steeter Based out of Bradford Pennsylvainia and Buffalo New York ....I have sound a few of them, but none that are related to my grandmother ...My grandmother was Lucille Marie Streeter (Spignard) For some reason she has not been registered in the death index, but i know she died on May 1, 2000...if you look up the name in Zabasearch it still shows her living at her old address in Midway City, Califorania..Her fathers name was Sylvester Streeter and I cant find him anywhere ...Spignards and Streeters are this huge dead end and its driving me nutz!..lol

                  Its all about music, I call myself Top Quark.
                  Music Page:
                  http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=232115&content=music

                  Personal Profile Page:
                  http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=topquark

                  Interesting stuff: Defenestration, Trepanation (Just imagine, a trepanic drill!!...lol), Synesthesia

                  <stevesr85552@ ...> wrote:

                  > I am desperately searching for any information on Joseph N. Moore.
                  The
                  > only info I have on him is that he was a white man living in
                  Vinita,
                  > Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory. This is now Vinita, Craig
                  County,
                  > OK. He married Julia Ann Martin-Nelson in 1898. I can find no other
                  > info on him before 1898 or after 1900. Any help would be deeply
                  > appreciated.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > Steve

                • Liz Flint
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 15, 2008
                    Try looking for them with really weird spellings. I was looking for a
                    Wessel and finally found the family under Wekel or something just as
                    strange...
                    Think it through like this: if the census worker was hard of hearing, or
                    if they had really sloppy handwriting, how might it have gotten down on
                    the census forms?
                    Liz

                    Synaptic Freak wrote:

> [...]
                    > <http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=232115&content=music>
                    >
                    > Personal Profile Page:
                    > http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=topquark
                    > <http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=topquark>
                    >
                    > Interesting stuff: Defenestration, Trepanation (Just imagine, a
                    > trepanic drill!!...lol), Synesthesia
                    >
                    > --- On Wed, 8/13/08, Sarah <sarah16803@...
                    > <mailto:sarah16803%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
                    >
                    > From: Sarah <sarah16803@... <mailto:sarah16803%40yahoo.com>>
                    > Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Joseph N. Moore
                    > To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
                    > <mailto:genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com>
                    > Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 5:36 PM
                    >
                    > Do you have any info on his mother and father, even just their names??
                    > There are a lot of Joseph Moores on a site I go to, but some just have
                    > his mother and father, and not a wife or anything.

                  • stevesr85552
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 19, 2008
                      There lies my problem. I have nothing on his parents. I never even
                      knew he existed until 3 months ago. I appreciate you looking for info
                      for me. thanks

                      Steve
                      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Sarah <sarah16803@...>