Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: death certificate

  • Louise
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5, 2008
      Just as I said...and most states are the same...

      Death certificates for deaths within the past 25 years are considered protected records, and TexasOnline has the following requirements for requesting these records:

      If you live in Texas, you can order the records of your immediate family members. If you live outside Texas, you must be the surviving spouse of the deceased, a parent of the deceased or the funeral director of the funeral home on the record.

      Never forget that there is always a blue sky and shining sun above the darkest clouds.