Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: death certificate

  • circa_1948
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5, 2008
      scroll down to grid
      http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/vs/reqproc/deathcert.shtm
      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "alchaley" <alchaley@>
      > wrote:> >> > how do you go about getting a death certificate on someone who died
      > in > > harris county (texas) in 2004? any suggestions are greatly > appreciated.

    • Louise
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5, 2008
        Just as I said...and most states are the same...

        Death certificates for deaths within the past 25 years are considered protected records, and TexasOnline has the following requirements for requesting these records:

        If you live in Texas, you can order the records of your immediate family members. If you live outside Texas, you must be the surviving spouse of the deceased, a parent of the deceased or the funeral director of the funeral home on the record.

        Never forget that there is always a blue sky and shining sun above the darkest clouds.

        > > how do you go about getting a death certificate on someone who died
        > in
        > > harris county (texas) in 2004? any suggestions are greatly
        > appreciated.

        Too bad it isn't a bit older (pre 1977). You could get it here:
        http://search. labs.familysearc h.org/recordsear ch/start. html#