Re: death certificate

  • Roginator
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4, 2008
      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "alchaley" <alchaley@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > how do you go about getting a death certificate on someone who died
      > in
      > > harris county (texas) in 2004? any suggestions are greatly
      > appreciated.

      Too bad it isn't a bit older (pre 1977). You could get it here:
      http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#
    • circa_1948
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5, 2008
        scroll down to grid
        http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/vs/reqproc/deathcert.shtm
        > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "alchaley" <alchaley@>
        > wrote:> >> > how do you go about getting a death certificate on someone who died
        > in > > harris county (texas) in 2004? any suggestions are greatly > appreciated.

      • Louise
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 5, 2008
          Just as I said...and most states are the same...

          Death certificates for deaths within the past 25 years are considered protected records, and TexasOnline has the following requirements for requesting these records:

          If you live in Texas, you can order the records of your immediate family members. If you live outside Texas, you must be the surviving spouse of the deceased, a parent of the deceased or the funeral director of the funeral home on the record.

          Never forget that there is always a blue sky and shining sun above the darkest clouds.