Barnes in Ontario, Wayne Co., NY

  • Kathy P
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2008
      Does anyone have access to death certificates in New York?  I am looking for information on an Ed or Edward Barnes who was b 10 Apr 1893 (Alabama, I think) and d. Feb 1970 in Ontario, Wayne Co., NY.  I want to verify his place of birth and parents names.  Any other information on him might help.  An obituary may also help.  The date of birth and death are from the SSDI.
      Thanks!!

      Kathy
      Genealogists never die, they just lose their census.
      visit my family history website: http://dutraporter.tribalpages.com/

    • mccgram
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 12, 2008
        Have you tried contacting the following Newspaper , since you have the
        dates they may be able to get you a copy, I tried online, but the
        online Archives only go back to 2006
        http://www.waynetimes.com/contact.asp

      • Kathy P
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 13, 2008
          The guy that I am doing this for apparently has a copy of the obit - but it was clipped from the paper and it has no date on it.  I do not believe that this Eddie Barnes is the same as the son of my great aunt - his birthdate is a different month and a year different than what is listed in the census when he was living with his parents.  I have forwarded the information that everyone so generously provided to him to follow up on.  Also, while both Eddie Barnes's were born in Alabama, he claims a different county than the one in which my grandmother's sister seemingly lived all her life.  Unless she moved and moved back within the 10 years (or 20) inbetween available census information, I can't tie her to where he claims his Eddie was born.  There are multiple WWI draft registrations for Eddie and Edward Barnes' in Alabama.  His guy left his wife and moved to Florida with a gal and fathered two daughters there - one of which was his
          grandmother.  I can't find him in the Florida census, though, and I don't know where exactly in Florida he lived.

          I'd like to thank everyone who has been sending information on this to me.