Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Irish Quakers

  • Forrest Plumstead
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2008
      On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 10:59 AM, nancy <nanc@...> wrote:

      > I'm sorry I do not have information about your Nortons but I do have a
      > question for you. I also have Irish Quakers. Mine was Robert Grier b
      > about 1715 also in Co Armagh, Ireland. He came over about 1749 to New
      > Garden Meeting House in Pa. and went back in 1753. He supposedly was a
      > member of the Coat Hill Meeting House in Ireland. He was back by 1758
      > when he children were baptized by a Methodist circuit minister near
      > Muddy Creek, Pa. Have you had luck searching the Irish Quaker records
      > and where did you find them. Thank you in advance. Nancy

      Hi Nancy!

      We need to get together and compare notes! My 8X g-grand father Francis
      HOBSON was a martyr for the Quaker cause in County Armagh. See my website
      for details. I might have a book to share with you since your ancestor
      settled in PA from Ireland. I am now a member of the Evangelical Friends
      Church because of the extensive research I did on the Quakers.

      --
      Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
      PLUMSTEAD-L List master