Irish Quakers

  • nancy
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
      I'm sorry I do not have information about your Nortons but I do have a
      question for you. I also have Irish Quakers. Mine was Robert Grier b
      about 1715 also in Co Armagh, Ireland. He came over about 1749 to New
      Garden Meeting House in Pa. and went back in 1753. He supposedly was a
      member of the Coat Hill Meeting House in Ireland. He was back by 1758
      when he children were baptized by a Methodist circuit minister near
      Muddy Creek, Pa. Have you had luck searching the Irish Quaker records
      and where did you find them. Thank you in advance. Nancy
    • Forrest Plumstead
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2008
        On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 10:59 AM, nancy <nanc@...> wrote:

        > I'm sorry I do not have information about your Nortons but I do have a
        > question for you. I also have Irish Quakers. Mine was Robert Grier b
        > about 1715 also in Co Armagh, Ireland. He came over about 1749 to New
        > Garden Meeting House in Pa. and went back in 1753. He supposedly was a
        > member of the Coat Hill Meeting House in Ireland. He was back by 1758
        > when he children were baptized by a Methodist circuit minister near
        > Muddy Creek, Pa. Have you had luck searching the Irish Quaker records
        > and where did you find them. Thank you in advance. Nancy

        Hi Nancy!

        We need to get together and compare notes! My 8X g-grand father Francis
        HOBSON was a martyr for the Quaker cause in County Armagh. See my website
        for details. I might have a book to share with you since your ancestor
        settled in PA from Ireland. I am now a member of the Evangelical Friends
        Church because of the extensive research I did on the Quakers.

        --
        Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
        PLUMSTEAD-L List master