looking for willis and everil depriest

  • robin_howard
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2008
      i am working on my husbands family history and i an looking for some
      ancesters if you can help i look forward to hearing from you

      willis depriest not sure when born or died but parents were andrew j
      depriest and ella morgan

      everil depriest not sure when born or died but parents were andrew j
      depriest and ella morgan

      thank you
      robin howard
    • Clark & Rita Pederson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2008
        Here they are in the 1910 US Census: Elizabeth Township, Lawrence County,
        Ohio on April 25, 1910

        Andrew Depriest, father, age 34, Married 10 years, Married, Born in Ohio,
        Father born N S (not stated???), Mother born N S (not stated???),
        Occupation Miner, Lime Mine

        Ella Depriest, mother, age 27 married 10 years, 6 children, 5 living,
        Married, Ohio, N S (not stated???), N S (not stated???), none

        Dewey Depriest, son, 9, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, none

        Rosie Depriest, daughter, 7, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, none

        Lizzie Depriest, daughter, 6, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, none

        Charles Depriest, son, 4, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, none

        Cecil Depriest, son, 2, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, none

        Lona Collin, Boarder, 21, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, Miner, Lime Mine

        Here they are in the 1920 US Census: Elizabeth Township, Lawrence County,
        Ohio on January 26, 1920

        Andrew Depriest, father, age 44, Married, Born in Ohio, Father born in
        Ohio, Mother born in Ohio, Occupation Miner, Lime Mine

        Ella Depriest, mother, age 37 Married, Ohio, Kentucky, Ohio, none

        Dewey Depriest, son, 19, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, Occupation Miner, Lime
        Mine

        Rosie Depriest, daughter, 17, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, none

        Lizzie Depriest, daughter, 16, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, none

        Charles Depriest, son, 13, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, Occupation Laborer,
        Cement Plant

        Cecil Depriest, son, 12, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, Occupation Laborer,
        Timber worker

        Sadie Depriest, daughter, 10, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, none

        Andrew Depriest, son, 7, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, Occupation Laborer,
        Timber worker

        Willis Depriest, son, 5, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, none

        Everet Depriest, son, 2, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, none

        Here they are in the 1930 US Census: Elizabeth Township, Lawrence County,
        Ohio on April 12, 1930

        Andrew Depriest, father, age 49, Married at age 22, Married, Born in Ohio,
        Father born in Ohio, Mother born in Ohio, Occupation Laborer, Timber worker

        Ella Depriest, mother, age 47 married at age 20, Married, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio,
        none

        Charles Depriest, son, 23, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, Occupation Laborer,
        Cement Plant

        Cecil Depriest, son, 21, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, none

        Sadie Depriest, daughter, 18, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, none

        Andrew Depriest, son, 17, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, none

        Willis Depriest, son, 14, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, none

        Everett Depriest, son, 12, Single, Ohio, Ohio, Ohio, none

        Notice there are a few differences between the two! Census information can
        have mistakes.

        Clark

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2008
          Robin -

          Does this look like the correct family?
          (You didn't say what state or what decade.)

          1930 Elizabeth Twp, Lawrence, Ohio
          Depriest, Andrew, head 49 married at age 22 Laborer
          (), Ella, wife 47 married at age 20 (all born OH:OH:OH)
          (), Charles/23, Cecil/21, Sadie/18,
          (), Andrew Jr/17, Willis/14, Everett/12

          1920 Elizabeth, Lawrence, Ohio
          (all are marked born OH:OH:OH except as indicated)
          Depriest, Andrew, head 44 married Miner
          (), Ella, wife 37 married born OH:KY:OH
          (), Dewet/19, Rosie/17, Lizzie/16, Charles/13, Cecil/12,
          (), Sadie/10, Andrew/7, Willie/5, Evert/2

          Name: Andrew Jackson Depriest
          Birth Date: 19 Apr 1875
          Occupation: Coal Miner
          Nearest Relative: Ella Depriest
          Registered: 12 Sept 1918 Ironton, Lawrence, Ohio
          Roll: 1832329

          1910 Elizabeth, Lawrence, OH
          Depriest, Andrew, head 34 married.1 10 yrs born OH:US:US Minrt
          (), Ella, wife 27 married.1 10 yrs born OH:US:US
          (), Dewey/9, Rosy/7, Lizzie/6, Charles/4, Cecil/2

          1900 Decatur, Lawrence, Ohio
          Depriest, John, head 54 married 4 yrs born May 1846 WV:WV:WV Miner
          (), Minnie, wife 26 married 4 yrs born Apr 1873 OH:OH:OH
          (), Andrew, son 25 married 0 yrs born Apr 1875 OH:WV:OH Miner
          (), Charles/23, John W/20, George A/19, Doc G/17,
          (), Rosetta/14/dau, Lona/3/sdau, Tena/1/sdau, Katie/0m/sdau,
          (), Ella, daughter-in-law 17 married 0 yrs born June 1882 OH:OH:OH
          Massie, John, stepson 7 born Nov 1892 OH:OH:OH

          1880 Aid, Lawrence, Ohio
          Depriest, John 34 married farmer born WV:WV:WV
          (), Margret A, wife 25 married born OH:OH:OH
          (), Andrew J/5, Charles P/4, Sarah/2, John W/11m

          Ancestry.com database Ohio Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2002
          has 54 Depriest deaths in Lawrence County.

          - Tom Knox IBSSG

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "robin_howard" wrote:

          > i am working on my husbands family history and i an looking for some
          > ancesters if you can help i look forward to hearing from you
          >
          > willis depriest not sure when born or died but parents were andrew j
          > depriest and ella morgan
          >
          > everil depriest not sure when born or died but parents were andrew j
          > depriest and ella morgan
          >
          > thank you
          > robin howard
        • Kate
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31, 2008
            hi-

            I found this on rootsweb:
            http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=liz_erickson&id=I79695

            According to the 1920 cemsus, Emma and Andrew had a son Willie born about 1915, and Evert, born about 1917:

            1920 United States Federal Census

            Name:
            Willie Depriest

            Home in 1920:
            Elizabeth, Lawrence, Ohio

            Age:
            AgeWith12ths('5',true);5 years

            Estimated Birth Year:
            abt 1915

            Birthplace:
            Ohio

            Relation to Head of House:
            Son

            Father's Name:
            Andrew

            Father's Birth Place:
            Ohio

            Mother's Name:
            Ella

            Mother's Birth Place:
            Ohio

            Marital Status:
            Single

            Race:
            White

            Sex:
            Male

            Image:
            437

            Neighbors:
            View others on page

            Household Members:

            Name
            Age

            Andrew Depriest
            44

            Ella Depriest
            37

            Dewey Depriest
            19

            Rosie Depriest
            17

            Lizzie Depriest
            16

            Charles Depriest
            13

            Cecil Depriest
            12

            Sadie Depriest
            10

            Andrew Depriest
            7

            Willie Depriest
            5

            Evert Depriest
            2

            Source Citation: Year: 1920;Census Place: Elizabeth, Lawrence, Ohio; Roll: T625_1400; Page: 13B; Enumeration District: 95; Image: 437.

            Here they are in 1930:

            1930 United States Federal Census

            Name:
            Ella Depriest

            Home in 1930:
            Elizabeth, Lawrence, Ohio

            Age:
            AgeWith12ths('47',false);47

            Estimated Birth Year:
            abt 1883

            Relation to Head of House:
            Wife

            Spouse's Name:
            Andrew

            Occupation:

            Education:

            Military service:

            Rent/home value:

            Age at first marriage:

            Parents' birthplace:
            View Image

            Neighbors:
            View others on page

            Household Members:

            Name
            Age

            Andrew Depriest
            49

            Ella Depriest
            47

            Charles Depriest
            23

            Cecil Depriest
            21

            Sadie Depriest
            18

            Andrew Depriest
            17

            Willis Depriest
            14

            Everett Depriest
            12

            Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Elizabeth, Lawrence, Ohio; Roll: 1827; Page: 10A; Enumeration District: 3; Image: 250.0.
            According to his WWI draft Registration, Andrew Jackson Depriest was born on April 19, 1875.

            this is probably Andrew's family in 1880:

            1880 United States Federal Census

            Name:
            Andrew J. Depriest

            Home in 1880:
            Aid, Lawrence, Ohio

            Age:
            5

            Estimated Birth Year:
            abt 1875

            Birthplace:
            Ohio

            Relation to Head of Household:
            Son

            Father's Name:
            John

            Father's birthplace:
            West Virginia

            Mother's Name:
            Margret A.

            Mother's birthplace:
            Ohio

            Neighbors:
            View others on page

            Marital Status:
            Single

            Race:
            White

            Gender:
            Male

            Cannot read/write:

            Blind:

            Deaf and dumb:

            Otherwise disabled:

            Idiotic or insane:
            View Image

            Household Members:

            Name
            Age

            John Depriest
            34

            Margret A. Depriest
            25

            Andrew J. Depriest
            5

            Charles P. Depriest
            4

            Sarah Depriest
            2

            John W. Depriest
            11M

            Source Citation: Year: 1880; Census Place: Aid, Lawrence, Ohio; Roll: T9_1039; Family History Film: 1255039; Page: 13.2000; Enumeration District: 82; Image: 0026.

            Kate