Can anyone do me a favor?

  • xdaysofyouthx
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 12, 2008
      I posted a little bit ago about having trouble with finding a death
      record for my great grandmother, she apparently just disappeared.

      I have found her much younger brother on the SSD index. We are hoping
      to track down relatives of his through finding his obituary.

      I am wondering if anyone can use their ancestry.com subscription (we
      had a 3 month but has since expired and have little use for it again,
      until now) to look someone up:

      Henry Pasterz He shows up as a kid in the 1930 census with his
      parents (Catherine and Andrew) Can someone tell me if there are any
      other kids listed in the house?

      Also, when you search Henry Pasterz at the bottom it shows the "U.S.
      Phone and Address Directories, 1993-2002" when you click on it there
      is a listing for: Henry, Jr Pasterz city New York... can you give me
      the information provided?

      That would be very helpful! If this request isn't allowed, please let
      me know.

      Thank you!
    • Kate
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 13, 2008
        hi

        U.S. Phone and Address Directories, 1993-2002 U.S. Phone and Address Directories, 1993-2002

        Name:
        Henry, Jr Pasterz

        Address:
        1730 Blakeley Rd

        City:
        East Aurora

        State:
        New York

        Zip Code:
        14052-9005

        Phone Number:
        716-652-7062

        Residence Years:
        1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002

        View Neighbors:
        View neighbors

        Source Citation: City: East Aurora; State: New York; Year(s): 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002.

        there are no other "kids" in the household in 1930- have you found the family in earlier censusĀ  records? There are also records for a Henry Pasterz in Florida-

        Kate

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 13, 2008
          Checking Ancestry.com

          Andrew Pasterz Household, 1930 U.S. Census, Buffalo, Erie, New
          York, E.D. 84, Page 4A, microfilm Roll 1423, lists Andrew, age 58,
          car repairer, Steam Railroad, Catherine, age 58, Cook, Restaurant,
          Henry, age 21, welder. Notes indicate Andrew immigrated 1898,
          Catherine and Andrew immigrated 1911. There is a referance to the
          parents born Poland. Obviously, this was added after the original
          entry.

          Also, New York Passenger Lists 31 Mar 1911, lists Henry Pasterz, age
          4 months, via pasenger ship "Roon" with mother Katerina, age 39,
          housewife and Sofia, age 3, destination West Seneca, New York, from
          Galicia, birth town indicated as Staromiccie, Microfilm T715-1649,
          page 213, passage paid by husband and father.

          Also, SSDI ,has two Henry Pasterz's listed.
          One is Henry Pasterz, born 25 Nov 1910, died 3 oct 1992, last
          residence Buffalo, Erie, New York.
          The other is Henry Pasterz,Jr. born 17 Jul 1934, died 23 Jan 2003,
          last residence East Aurora, Erie, New York.

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "xdaysofyouthx"
          <xdaysofyouthx@...> wrote:

          > I posted a little bit ago about having trouble with finding a death
          > record for my great grandmother, she apparently just disappeared.
          >
          > I have found her much younger brother on the SSD index. We are
          hoping
          > to track down relatives of his through finding his obituary.
          >
          > I am wondering if anyone can use their ancestry.com subscription
          (we
          > had a 3 month but has since expired and have little use for it
          again,
          > until now) to look someone up:
          >
          > Henry Pasterz He shows up as a kid in the 1930 census with his
          > parents (Catherine and Andrew) Can someone tell me if there are
          any
          > other kids listed in the house?
          >
          > Also, when you search Henry Pasterz at the bottom it shows
          the "U.S.
          > Phone and Address Directories, 1993-2002" when you click on it
          there
          > is a listing for: Henry, Jr Pasterz city New York... can you
          give me
          > the information provided?
          >
          > That would be very helpful! If this request isn't allowed, please
          let
          > me know.
          >
          > Thank you!

        • Clark & Rita Pederson
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 13, 2008
            _____

            From: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
            [mailto:genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of xdaysofyouthx

            Henry Pasterz He shows up as a kid in the 1930 census with his
            parents (Catherine and Andrew) Can someone tell me if there are any
            other kids listed in the house?

            In the 1930 census he is the only other person besides his parents but he
            is listed as 21 so there might be more just older and out of the house.

            Rita

          • Clark & Rita Pederson
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 13, 2008

            • shaylalasmom@aol.com

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 13, 2008
                  Sending the 1930 census page through Ancestry to private email. Does not list
                  any siblings. Will continue to search.
                  Nana

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 13, 2008
                    Thank you everyone! I have located a relative in the area who is a
                    descendant of my great grandmothers brother. I am hoping she can help
                    me.

                    I do know that my great grandmother had many younger siblings but
                    thought it would be easiest to track Henry's since his son was of the
                    same name.

                    I will keep the group updated if I find out what happened to her.