Retracing my steps: Friend - Fuller connection

  • David Sylvester
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2008
      Retracing my steps: Friend - Fuller connection -
      http://www.feliixplace.com/genealogy/sylvester.html

      Amos Friend born 16 September 1800 in Sedgwick, Hancock County,
      Maine son of Phineas Friend (Benjamin 5, John 4, John 3, James 2,
      John 1) and Hannah Carter (James 3, John 2, Richard 1). Amos died
      16 January 1864 in Etna, Penobscot County, Maine.

      Sally DeWolf Fuller born 3 March 1808 in Carmel, Penobscot County,
      Maine daughter of Francis Fuller (Francis 6, John 5, Lt. John 4,
      John 3, Matthew 2, Edward 1) and Sally Dinsmore (Asa 3, Thomas 2,
      Thomas 1). Sally died 24 November 1894 in Etna.

      Amos and Sally married 4 July 1825 in Carmel.

      Children:

      1. Eliza Wolf Friend born 1838 in Etna, married 4 December 1861 to
      Daniel Sylvester son of Calvin Sylvester and Huldah Barden. Daniel
      and Eliza had three children. Daniel had previously married Mary
      Jane Mitchell daughter of Dummer Mitchell and Mary Getchell. Daniel
      and Mary had seven children.

      2. Varilla Friend married first Daniel Raymond and married second
      Sumner Sylvester 4 December 1865.

      Note that "The History & Genealogy of John Friend..." by Peter
      Pindar Stearns included five other children and omits Eliza.

      If you have anything to add, subtract, confirm or refute or if you
      have any connection with this family I'd like to hear from you.

      If you'd like to add this information to your database or share it
      with others feel free to do so and please cite the source. If you
      would like to publish this information in your web site, your own
      book, CD or other publication I would appreciate a note from you
      saying so. This data is not to be submitted to any person,
      organization or firm that in the business of collecting data to put
      on commercial CD's or commercial web sites for the purpose of
      selling it to their patrons.

      Best wishes,
      David

      David Sylvester