Re: Hi I am a newbie.

  • Harold E. Jones
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2008
      Tnank you Alan for your suggestion. I will follow it up and hopefully
      be able to fill in the gaps in my Family History research.
      Live large and enjoy your life,
      Harold.

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Harold E. Jones"
      <koalasa@...> wrote:

      > Hello Everyone,
      > I am new to this group and live in South Australia. I am hoping
      that I can receive help to find some missing information in my
      search into my Family History.
      > I have a request if someone can help me with some information on my
      Great Grandparents.
      > Edward Henry JONES was born in Wales in 1826 and was apparently a
      ship's steward as one of his many occupations.
      > Annie Jane JAMES was born in Ireland [possibly Galway ???] about
      the same time. They travelled to the USA whether together or
      separately is uncertain. They were married in the Tabernacle Baptist
      Church, New York City on 6th Aug 1854.
      > They then travelled to Australia in 1854 or 1855, where they went
      to the goldfields at Sebastopol, Victoria.  Any help in discovering
      ports of departure and arrival and names of vessells would be much
      appreciated. These answers could fil in  "a few gaps" in my research.