Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Another prison inmate.....

  • circa_1948
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2008
      is this any help?
      http://www.archives.nysed.gov/a/research/res_topics_legal_corrections_inst_fishkill.shtml#fcf

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Sue
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 3:32 PM
      Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Another prison inmate.....

      Unfortunately, they don't have the records. THe only place they seem
      to reside is at the state level, but I can't figure out where.

    • Debbie Oney
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 20, 2008
        Hello,
          I also had a great-uncle who was in Mattewan State Prison.  I have the same problem you have....no one wants to talk about it.
        Vincent DeLuca was born in 1892 and I don't know when he passed away.  I can't find him anywhere in census records.
        I would like to know when he passed, and exactly how long he stayed in prison.

        Prison records seem to be hard to find.  I'm in Texas now, so getting info from NY is not easy.

        Debbie

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 21, 2008
              Debbie
              My name is Ruby and I live in Minnesota. Why I am writing is your Oney name, I was married into a family that had the Oney name, and  if you can tell me a little about that name  I may or may not have Oney information you might be looking for.
              Ruby

              Ruby