Re: looking for information on Gonzales and Montanez

  • Barbara Sack
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3 11:02 AM
      I looked in ancestry, which has the index of CA births for
      1905-1995. Nothing for Patrick O. so I looked under Patrick Gonzales
      and found over 100, about a dozen born in SD county but none as early
      as 1917 - the earliest was 1922. In fact I found no Patrick Gonzales
      born as early as 1917. I don't know how accurate/complete ancestry's
      index is, so I suggest your grandfather try to get a copy of his
      birth certificate, which will show the names of his parents,
      including his mother's maiden name, and perhaps where they were
      born. It's easiest for him to do, just write to San Diego
      county. The SD County website with info about how/where to do this
      is http://arcc.co.san-diego.ca.us/arcc/services/birthdeath_certificates.aspx ,

      The only reference I found to Patrick O. Gonzales is for his army
      enlistment Nov 20, 1940, plus his recent addresses and phone numbers
      under Public Records.

      Good luck.

      Barbara

      Posted by: "shaylalasmom@..."
      <mailto:shaylalasmom@...?Subject=
      Re%3A%20looking%20for%20information%20on%20Gonzales%20and%20Montanez>shaylalasmom@...
      <http://profiles.yahoo.com/shaylalasmom>shaylalasmom

      Wed Jul 2, 2008 6:33 pm (PDT)

      my grandpas name is patrick o gonzales and he was born in 1917 in san
      diego and his parents names are manuel and eliza gonzales and he
      thinks one of them was born in chiwawa mexico and the other in
      waurez? (the spelling isnt right ) im not sure of the year they were
      born though.? i dont have much to go on yet but my grandpa is working
      on it.? i know he had a brother named fermen and he had more siblings
      who have since passed on .? He is the only one of his brothers and
      sisters stilll living.

    • Mary E. Conley
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5 7:27 PM
        Hello Barbara.  I live in Sacramento, CA and the State archives are downtown.  If you are interested in having someone do some leg work at the archives please reply to jonesfamily1952@...