Re: Looking for Death record

  • kim_donley
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2008
      Can u give us a name and some dates? I have Newspaper archive and
      can see if i can find an obit there. There is also RAOGK u can try
      there.............KIM

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "xdaysofyouthx"
      <xdaysofyouthx@...> wrote:

      > I have one big hole in my genealogy research. My great grandmother
      > has no record of death. There is no death certificate or record on
      > file, no record at the cemetery where she should have been buried
      (the
      > only one in town, her husband who died 50 years later is there, and
      > they attended the cemetery's church). She would have died between
      > 1925-1927.
      >
      > She gave birth to a son in 1925 and by 1927 her husband was
      remarried
      > and had a son with the new wife. We have used ancestry.com, the
      city
      > library where all deaths in the county are recorded, and town hall
      of
      > where she lived. Also, there is no possibility of divorce, my
      > grandmother has always said her mother died when she was a kid.
      >
      > I have been advised to look at the health dept. for a burial permit
      > but only funeral directors are apparently allowed to see them.
      Also
      > have been told to look at area funeral homes to see if they have a
      > record. But why would the state, county, and town have no record
      of
      > her death? Why would she be buried somewhere else? The only
      place I
      > have left to look is the church that she married at, maybe she was
      > buried through that cemetery.
      >
      > Anywhere else I could look?
      >
      > Thanks.

    • xdaysofyouthx
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2008
        Her name is Stefania Kloc (maiden name Pasterz or Pocstez, her parents
        last name was spelled Pasterz and her immigration record it is, but
        marriage license is spelled Pocstez). She gave birth November 3,
        1924. That is the last time we know she was alive. By 1927 her
        husband was remarried and had a child with the new wife. In the 1930
        census the son was 3 years 4 months. We are hoping to find the
        marriage application or license for the second marriage to narrow the
        time frame.

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "kim_donley"