Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Looking for Death record

  • xdaysofyouthx
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2008
      Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

      We tried looking at the Lackawanna newspaper (the town she lived) but
      the library only has certain years and of course the years we need are
      not there. I am thinking that maybe it would be in the Buffalo
      Newspaper which covered a wider area but we want to narrow the time
      frame before looking through 3 years of papers. Death during
      childbirth is definitely possible. Is there anyway that the hospital
      would have a record I could look at?

      We are going to look for the parents graves next week.

      Has anyone else run into this problem? Is it just because record
      keeping wasn't perfect then and that is why she doesn't show up on any
      official records?

      I will update if we find anything new next week.

      Thanks.
    • kim_donley
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2008
        Can u give us a name and some dates? I have Newspaper archive and
        can see if i can find an obit there. There is also RAOGK u can try
        there.............KIM

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "xdaysofyouthx"
        <xdaysofyouthx@...> wrote:

        > I have one big hole in my genealogy research. My great grandmother
        > has no record of death. There is no death certificate or record on
        > file, no record at the cemetery where she should have been buried
        (the
        > only one in town, her husband who died 50 years later is there, and
        > they attended the cemetery's church). She would have died between
        > 1925-1927.
        >
        > She gave birth to a son in 1925 and by 1927 her husband was
        remarried
        > and had a son with the new wife. We have used ancestry.com, the
        city
        > library where all deaths in the county are recorded, and town hall
        of
        > where she lived. Also, there is no possibility of divorce, my
        > grandmother has always said her mother died when she was a kid.
        >
        > I have been advised to look at the health dept. for a burial permit
        > but only funeral directors are apparently allowed to see them.
        Also
        > have been told to look at area funeral homes to see if they have a
        > record. But why would the state, county, and town have no record
        of
        > her death? Why would she be buried somewhere else? The only
        place I
        > have left to look is the church that she married at, maybe she was
        > buried through that cemetery.
        >
        > Anywhere else I could look?
        >
        > Thanks.

      • xdaysofyouthx
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2008
          Her name is Stefania Kloc (maiden name Pasterz or Pocstez, her parents
          last name was spelled Pasterz and her immigration record it is, but
          marriage license is spelled Pocstez). She gave birth November 3,
          1924. That is the last time we know she was alive. By 1927 her
          husband was remarried and had a child with the new wife. In the 1930
          census the son was 3 years 4 months. We are hoping to find the
          marriage application or license for the second marriage to narrow the
          time frame.

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "kim_donley"