Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re:looking for information on Gonzales and Montanez

  • shaylalasmom@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2 12:59 PM
      my grandpas name is patrick o gonzales and he was born in 1917 in san diego and his parents names are manuel and eliza gonzales and he thinks one of them was born in chiwawa mexico and the other in waurez? (the spelling isnt right ) im not sure of the year they were born though.? i dont have much to go on yet but my grandpa is working on it.? i know he had a brother named fermen and he had more siblings who have since passed on .? He is the only one of his brothers and sisters stilll living.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3 11:02 AM
        I looked in ancestry, which has the index of CA births for
        1905-1995. Nothing for Patrick O. so I looked under Patrick Gonzales
        and found over 100, about a dozen born in SD county but none as early
        as 1917 - the earliest was 1922. In fact I found no Patrick Gonzales
        born as early as 1917. I don't know how accurate/complete ancestry's
        index is, so I suggest your grandfather try to get a copy of his
        birth certificate, which will show the names of his parents,
        including his mother's maiden name, and perhaps where they were
        born. It's easiest for him to do, just write to San Diego
        county. The SD County website with info about how/where to do this
        is http://arcc.co.san-diego.ca.us/arcc/services/birthdeath_certificates.aspx ,

        The only reference I found to Patrick O. Gonzales is for his army
        enlistment Nov 20, 1940, plus his recent addresses and phone numbers
        under Public Records.

        Good luck.

        Barbara

        Posted by: "shaylalasmom@..."
        <mailto:shaylalasmom@...?Subject=
        Re%3A%20looking%20for%20information%20on%20Gonzales%20and%20Montanez>shaylalasmom@...
        <http://profiles.yahoo.com/shaylalasmom>shaylalasmom

        Wed Jul 2, 2008 6:33 pm (PDT)

        my grandpas name is patrick o gonzales and he was born in 1917 in san
        diego and his parents names are manuel and eliza gonzales and he
        thinks one of them was born in chiwawa mexico and the other in
        waurez? (the spelling isnt right ) im not sure of the year they were
        born though.? i dont have much to go on yet but my grandpa is working
        on it.? i know he had a brother named fermen and he had more siblings
        who have since passed on .? He is the only one of his brothers and
        sisters stilll living.

      • Mary E. Conley
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5 7:27 PM
          Hello Barbara.  I live in Sacramento, CA and the State archives are downtown.  If you are interested in having someone do some leg work at the archives please reply to jonesfamily1952@...