Re:looking for information on Gonzales and Montanez

  • Barbara Sack
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2008
      Can you give us more info, like first names, children's names, approx
      dates, which family came from AZ, which from San Diego? Are you
      familiar with this AZ genealogy site that gives all birth and death
      certs up thru 1932 (births) and 1957
      (deaths)? http://genealogy.az.gov/ I put in Montanez under births
      and came up with quite a number, in various parts of the state. If
      you give more info, I or someone else (I'm going out of town soon)
      can look on ancestry.com, which has some CA birth death and marriage
      info. But we have to have much more specific info to help you.

      looking for information on Gonzales and Montanez

      Posted by: "shaylalasmom" <mailto:shaylalasmom@...?Subject=
      Re%3Alooking%20for%20information%20on%20Gonzales%20and%20Montanez>shaylalasmom@...
      <http://profiles.yahoo.com/shaylalasmom>shaylalasmom

      Tue Jul 1, 2008 5:34 pm (PDT)

      I am looking for information on my grandparents parents and it is
      somewhat difficult. I know that both of my grandparents were born in
      san diego and arizona but tracing their parents is a little more
      difficult. I know they both had family in the imperial valley also.any
      information would be helpful for me to find a place to start

    • shaylalasmom@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2008
        my grandpas name is patrick o gonzales and he was born in 1917 in san diego and his parents names are manuel and eliza gonzales and he thinks one of them was born in chiwawa mexico and the other in waurez? (the spelling isnt right ) im not sure of the year they were born though.? i dont have much to go on yet but my grandpa is working on it.? i know he had a brother named fermen and he had more siblings who have since passed on .? He is the only one of his brothers and sisters stilll living.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
          I looked in ancestry, which has the index of CA births for
          1905-1995. Nothing for Patrick O. so I looked under Patrick Gonzales
          and found over 100, about a dozen born in SD county but none as early
          as 1917 - the earliest was 1922. In fact I found no Patrick Gonzales
          born as early as 1917. I don't know how accurate/complete ancestry's
          index is, so I suggest your grandfather try to get a copy of his
          birth certificate, which will show the names of his parents,
          including his mother's maiden name, and perhaps where they were
          born. It's easiest for him to do, just write to San Diego
          county. The SD County website with info about how/where to do this
          is http://arcc.co.san-diego.ca.us/arcc/services/birthdeath_certificates.aspx ,

          The only reference I found to Patrick O. Gonzales is for his army
          enlistment Nov 20, 1940, plus his recent addresses and phone numbers
          under Public Records.

          Good luck.

          Barbara

          Posted by: "shaylalasmom@..."
          <mailto:shaylalasmom@...?Subject=
          Re%3A%20looking%20for%20information%20on%20Gonzales%20and%20Montanez>shaylalasmom@...
          <http://profiles.yahoo.com/shaylalasmom>shaylalasmom

          Wed Jul 2, 2008 6:33 pm (PDT)

          my grandpas name is patrick o gonzales and he was born in 1917 in san
          diego and his parents names are manuel and eliza gonzales and he
          thinks one of them was born in chiwawa mexico and the other in
          waurez? (the spelling isnt right ) im not sure of the year they were
          born though.? i dont have much to go on yet but my grandpa is working
          on it.? i know he had a brother named fermen and he had more siblings
          who have since passed on .? He is the only one of his brothers and
          sisters stilll living.

        • Mary E. Conley
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5, 2008
            Hello Barbara.  I live in Sacramento, CA and the State archives are downtown.  If you are interested in having someone do some leg work at the archives please reply to jonesfamily1952@...