looking for information on Gonzales and Montanez

  • shaylalasmom
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2008
      I am looking for information on my grandparents parents and it is
      somewhat difficult. I know that both of my grandparents were born in
      san diego and arizona but tracing their parents is a little more
      difficult. I know they both had family in the imperial valley also.any
      information would be helpful for me to find a place to start
    • keenetrio
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2008
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "shaylalasmom"
        <shaylalasmom@...> wrote:

        > I am looking for information on my grandparents parents and it is
        > somewhat difficult. I know that both of my grandparents were born in
        > san diego and arizona but tracing their parents is a little more
        > difficult. I know they both had family in the imperial valley
        also.any
        > information would be helpful for me to find a place to start
        >do you know where in arizona
      • Barbara Sack
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2008
          Can you give us more info, like first names, children's names, approx
          dates, which family came from AZ, which from San Diego? Are you
          familiar with this AZ genealogy site that gives all birth and death
          certs up thru 1932 (births) and 1957
          (deaths)? http://genealogy.az.gov/ I put in Montanez under births
          and came up with quite a number, in various parts of the state. If
          you give more info, I or someone else (I'm going out of town soon)
          can look on ancestry.com, which has some CA birth death and marriage
          info. But we have to have much more specific info to help you.

          looking for information on Gonzales and Montanez

          Posted by: "shaylalasmom" <mailto:shaylalasmom@...?Subject=
          Re%3Alooking%20for%20information%20on%20Gonzales%20and%20Montanez>shaylalasmom@...
          <http://profiles.yahoo.com/shaylalasmom>shaylalasmom

          Tue Jul 1, 2008 5:34 pm (PDT)

        • shaylalasmom@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2008
            my grandpas name is patrick o gonzales and he was born in 1917 in san diego and his parents names are manuel and eliza gonzales and he thinks one of them was born in chiwawa mexico and the other in waurez? (the spelling isnt right ) im not sure of the year they were born though.? i dont have much to go on yet but my grandpa is working on it.? i know he had a brother named fermen and he had more siblings who have since passed on .? He is the only one of his brothers and sisters stilll living.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
              I looked in ancestry, which has the index of CA births for
              1905-1995. Nothing for Patrick O. so I looked under Patrick Gonzales
              and found over 100, about a dozen born in SD county but none as early
              as 1917 - the earliest was 1922. In fact I found no Patrick Gonzales
              born as early as 1917. I don't know how accurate/complete ancestry's
              index is, so I suggest your grandfather try to get a copy of his
              birth certificate, which will show the names of his parents,
              including his mother's maiden name, and perhaps where they were
              born. It's easiest for him to do, just write to San Diego
              county. The SD County website with info about how/where to do this
              is http://arcc.co.san-diego.ca.us/arcc/services/birthdeath_certificates.aspx ,

              The only reference I found to Patrick O. Gonzales is for his army
              enlistment Nov 20, 1940, plus his recent addresses and phone numbers
              under Public Records.

              Good luck.

              Barbara

              Posted by: "shaylalasmom@..."
              <mailto:shaylalasmom@...?Subject=
              Re%3A%20looking%20for%20information%20on%20Gonzales%20and%20Montanez>shaylalasmom@...
              <http://profiles.yahoo.com/shaylalasmom>shaylalasmom

              Wed Jul 2, 2008 6:33 pm (PDT)

              my grandpas name is patrick o gonzales and he was born in 1917 in san
              diego and his parents names are manuel and eliza gonzales and he
              thinks one of them was born in chiwawa mexico and the other in
              waurez? (the spelling isnt right ) im not sure of the year they were
              born though.? i dont have much to go on yet but my grandpa is working
              on it.? i know he had a brother named fermen and he had more siblings
              who have since passed on .? He is the only one of his brothers and
              sisters stilll living.

            • Mary E. Conley
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 5, 2008
                Hello Barbara.  I live in Sacramento, CA and the State archives are downtown.  If you are interested in having someone do some leg work at the archives please reply to jonesfamily1952@...