Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Another prison inmate.....

  • circa_1948
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 29, 2008
      have you contacted the local historical society and genealogical society?
      Most prisons and asylums I've needed info on inmates from had records stored with those, mainly the historical society.
      I've received many records from them for the cost of pages printed out for me.
      sunny
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3, 2008
        Excellent idea - I'll try it! Thanks!

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "circa_1948"

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2008
          Unfortunately, they don't have the records. THe only place they seem
          to reside is at the state level, but I can't figure out where.

          http://www.correctionhistory.org/html/chronicl/docs2day/fishkill.html

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 3, 2008
            is this any help?
            http://www.archives.nysed.gov/a/research/res_topics_legal_corrections_inst_fishkill.shtml#fcf

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 20, 2008
              Hello,
                I also had a great-uncle who was in Mattewan State Prison.  I have the same problem you have....no one wants to talk about it.
              Vincent DeLuca was born in 1892 and I don't know when he passed away.  I can't find him anywhere in census records.
              I would like to know when he passed, and exactly how long he stayed in prison.

              Prison records seem to be hard to find.  I'm in Texas now, so getting info from NY is not easy.

              Debbie

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 21, 2008
                    Debbie
                    My name is Ruby and I live in Minnesota. Why I am writing is your Oney name, I was married into a family that had the Oney name, and  if you can tell me a little about that name  I may or may not have Oney information you might be looking for.
                    Ruby

                    Ruby