adshead

  • emacassell1962
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2008
      i have a ggreat cousin frank adshead 1882 who departed liverpool 1907
      on the majestic, he arrived ellis island, can anyone help in tracking
      him after that pls? thanks ema.
    • Jean
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2008
        Pleae forgive my dunceness, but are u looking for frank in or around
        New York or for his ancestors?

        For more specific info on Frank, I did find the passenger list on
        ancestry.com and there was alot if information on that list. His
        arrival was to the Port of New York on 9 May 1907, his destination was
        362 52nd st Brooklyn, NY (I could not distinguish the particular
        person named in that section, he was born in Wilmslow, England. He
        was 24 years old and single when he arrived. his profession was a butcher.

        In the 1901 England census, it shows his mother, Lucy Adshead as head
        of household and listed as Single, She was a confectioner worker, the
        She was 21 (She is listed as Head of household, and the "Daur" was
        crossed out and the "Head" printed in above it, so I think this may
        have been an older sister instead of Mother as she would have been 3
        years old when she birthed Frank and even less than that as he had 1
        more older sister, Lizzie who is listed as 20 years old). It also
        shows 2 younger siblings. Please let me know if you would like all of
        the information that I found in the 1901 census.

        I was unable to find him in 1891 England census.

        I looked in the US census for 1910, 1920 & 1930, They all show Frank,
        but both the birth dates and the place of births were incorrect (about
        10 years off).

        But as you do have the date of his arrival and know where he was
        headed at that time, you should be able to find him in the City
        Directories, or if u an decipher the name of the person he was to be
        residing with at the time of his arrival, then you will have another
        name to research, even if it is only periphery research, perhaps
        through that name you will find Frank or someone who knows/knew/heard
        of him.

        I aslo requested Ancestry check the England & Wales, Free BMD Birth
        Index for 1837 - 1883 and found:
        " England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index: 1837-1983 England & Wales,
        FreeBMD Birth Index: 1837-1983
        Name: Frank Adshead
        Year of Registration: 1882
        Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
        District: Altrincham
        County: Cheshire
        Volume: 8a
        Page: 165 (click to see others on page)

        Source Information:

        FreeBMD. England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index: 1837-1983 [database
        on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006.
        Original data: General Register Office. England and Wales Civil
        Registration Indexes. London, England: General Register Office.
        © Crown copyright. Published by permission of the Controller of HMSO
        and the Office for National Statistics. You must not copy on, transfer
        or reproduce records without the prior permission of ONS. Database
        Copyright © 1998-2003 Graham Hart, Ben Laurie, Camilla von Massenbach
        and David Mayall.

        This database is a searchable, digitized version of the indices of
        civil registrations in England and Wales, reported quarterly to the
        General Register Office (GRO) in London. This index spans the years
        between 1837 and 1983. Approximately 50% of the names between 1837 and
        1900 have been transcribed thus far. You need the information found in
        an original index to request a copy of a birth certificate for the
        individual referenced.

        © 2008, The Generations Network, Inc."

        I hope this helps you out. There is also a pic of the Majestic on
        Ancestry.

        Jean
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "emacassell1962"

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3 5:37 AM
          Hi am looking for Frank once in New York, 1901 census Lucy J is his
          sister ( 3 girls, 2 boys) there are my mothers cousins. we know
          nothing of Frank once he left England, Ellis Island record of
          arrival is only info I have. Thanks in anticipation, Ema
          --- In
          genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jean" <realmomabear@...>