New Her

  • bglozik
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2008
      Hi, I'm new here. I have just started looking for my family and wondered if anyone else is
      searching for these surnames. All are from the old Austria-Hungary and most are Slovak
      or, in two cases, Polish. My grandparents and great-grandparents arrived pre-WWI and
      settled mainly in Southwestern Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh. Some of their children moved
      to Chicago and others to Ohio, but not till the 1920s, I think. Here are the names I'm
      looking for.

      GLOZIK (Slovakia, village of Dobra Niva)

      NOVAK (Polish)

      HANZEL or HANSEL (Slovakia, village of Dobra Niva)

      KONESKY (Polish)

      PAVLINI (Slovakia)

      Thanks,

      barb