Re:100 Year Old Adoptions....

  • Catherine Lamb
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2008
      Hi Welcome to the group. Do you have ancestry.com? I
      did a quick look on there. Seems to be a lot of Mary
      Elizabeth Sponsellers in Maryland! Didn't see one for
      1895, but there is one for 1865.

      Here is a 1895 Mary Elizabeth with Luther Snurr in
      1920 census. Do you already have this?

      1920 United States Federal Census 1920 United States
      Federal Census
      Name: Mary E Snurr
      Home in 1920: Washington, Franklin, Pennsylvania
      Age: 24 years
      Estimated Birth Year: abt 1896
      Birthplace: Maryland
      Relation to Head of House: Wife
      Spouse's Name: Luther A
      Father's Birth Place: Maryland
      Mother's Birth Place: Maryland
      Marital Status: Married
      Race: White
      Sex: Female
      Able to read: Yes
      Able to Write: Yes
      Image: 731
      Neighbors: View others on page
      Household Members: Name Age
      Luther A Snurr 35
      Mary E Snurr 24
      Marshall A Snurr 4 5/12

      I can look more later after you tell me if you've
      already checked ancestry.

      I have to say I got a jolt when I saw where you lived!
      That is the city I want to visit! The "key", I hope to
      breaking down my brick wall!! A suspected 5X
      grandfather Adam Gonter was from there with his ten
      children. :)

      Maybe I'll meet you in person one day.
      Catherine Lamb