Researching surname GRAND / RIEU from France and DUNN from Ireland

  • David Grand
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2008
      My Great grandfather, Ferdiand Eugene Grand b: 1866 Marseille France
      came to the US in 1888. Married Marie Rieu in 1901 in New York. Had
      two children, Eugene Ferdinand Grand (b: 1901) and Marie Thelma
      (b:1910) Marie Rieu died in 1915 in France. The two children stayed in
      France till after WWI.
      Ferdinand Eugene Grand later married Margaret Dunn in Chicago and had a
      child Eugene Patrick Grand (b: 1920). Ferdinand Eugene Grand died 1928.

      Here are some of my roadblocks:

      Trying to connect with the Chicago Grands. I met Eugene Patrick Grand
      years and years ago and I think he has children. I would love to
      connect with them.

      Also, we lost track of Marie Thelma Grand. She married twice. First
      she married a George Hamilton (probably in New York) and later married
      Paul Harrison in Texas. Thelma Harrison? Thelma Hamilton? Marie
      Thelma Hamilton? She had a daughter named Jacqueline in the 1930's (by
      her first husband)

      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~grand/